Here are two ways to factory reset Oculus Quest 2. This includes methods with mobile phones and without mobile phones. If you own Oculus Quest 2 then you will find this guide useful.
When it comes to VR games, the most popular headset that everybody knows is the Oculus Quest 2. Also known as the Meta Quest 2, this VR headset is a standalone headset meaning that you can easily install your favorite apps and games to the headset without having to use a computer. As it’s with a lot of electronics today, there can always be some sort of issue with the device and your Quest 2 is no exception.
If you’ve been having some issues or problems with the basic and regular functioning of your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset, you always have the option to perform a factory reset if no other alternative works.
When you perform a factory reset, you will lose all sorts of your data, installed apps and games as well as other files that you might have saved to your Quest 2 headset. So, before we take a look at the steps needed to perform a factory reset, you might want to back up all of your important files and data as well as take screenshots of custom settings on your headset.
Table of Contents
How To Factory Reset Meta Oculus Quest 2
Before we dig into the steps to perform a factory reset, you should know that there are two ways you can follow to factory reset your Meta Quest 2. You can choose whichever method suits the best for you.
Method 1: Factory Reset Meta Quest 2 without Mobile Phone
The first method to factory reset your Quest 2 is by making use of the Settings menu present within the Quest 2 VR headset. The process is simple. Here are the steps to perform the factory reset.
- First, make sure to power off your Meta Quest 2 headset. Leave the headset plugged in.
- Now, press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons on the headset.
- Keep the buttons pressed until you see the Quest 2 boot screen on your headset.
- Using the volume buttons on your Oculus Quest 2 headset, navigate to and highlight the Factory Reset option.
- Select Factory Reset by pressing the power button on the headset.
- Again use the Volume buttons to highlight the Yes option.
- Pressing the power button on your headset will confirm the factory reset of your Quest 2.
- The factory reset of your Quest 2 will begin shortly.
- This is how you can perform a factory reset of your Oculus/Meta Quest 2 without using your mobile phone.
Method 2: Factory Reset Meta Quest 2 with Mobile Phone
In the second method here, we will be showing you how you can perform a factory reset on Quest 2 by just using your mobile phone. Follow these steps to know how.
- Launch the Meta Quest app on your mobile phone. Ensure that you have the latest updated version of the app on your Android or iPhone.
- Make sure that you have the same account signed into the app as well as the Quest 2 headset. If not, the factory reset will not take place.
- Now, tap on the Menu > Devices option present at the bottom menu of the app.
- You have to tap on the headset that is currently connected to your mobile phone via the app.
- Select the Advanced Settings option.
- Finally, select the Factory Reset option and confirm the reset process by selecting Yes.
- The Oculus Quest 2 VR headset will now reset right away.
- This is how you can factory reset your Quest 2 headset by using your mobile phone.
Important Points To Keep In Mind
Here are some important points you need to keep in mind before going ahead with the factory reset.
- First, you need to make sure that your VR headset is charged at least 50% or greater.
- If you are using your mobile phone, make sure that your mobile phone also has 50 to 60% of battery charge.
- Factory Reset will remove all data stored on the device and not from your account.
- You will have to sign in again to your account once the reset process has been completed.
- Also take a copy of any customized settings, usernames, and passwords that are associated with your Quest 2 VR headset.
This concludes the guide on how you can easily perform a factory reset on your Meta Quest 2 VR headset. Now that you know there are two methods, you can easily choose the one that is the easiest for you. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.