The iPhone 14 series is the latest addition to the iPhone family. The new lineup does away with the iPhone Mini and now brings in a newer iPhone 14 Plus model. Now, the most outstanding devices from the lineup are the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone Pro Max. If you own the newly released iPhone 14 and want to perform a reset, then here’s how you can perform a factory reset on your iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models.
When you perform a factory reset, all of the data that has been stored on the internal storage of your iPhone will be erased. Hence it is recommended that you create a backup copy of all your data either on a cloud storage service like Apple iCloud or on your PC or MacBook.
Why Perform a Factory Reset of your iPhone 14
One reason why many people want to reset their iPhones is that they want to sell the device to another person or maybe they hand it down to another family member. One other reason is also when there might be an issue or a bug with the newest iOS update that could be causing way too many problems.
No matter what the reason is, this guide will help you to perform a reset on your iPhone 14.
How to Reset Apple iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro
There are two main ways that you can follow to erase or factory reset your iPhone 14. This guide will work for the iPhone 14, 14 Plus, 14 Pro, and 14 Pro Max. We have also mentioned the steps need to follow in case you might be having an issue with WiFi or Cellular networks.
- Your iPhone has to have a 50% or greater battery charge.
- Have the password and email address for your Apple ID.
- Back up your data to iCloud or your PC.
Reset iPhone 14 from Settings App
One of the easiest ways to perform a factory reset on your iPhone 14 is by using the factory reset option that is built into the Settings app. Make sure that you have taken a backup of all your data before proceeding with the factory reset.
- Launch the Settings app from your device’s home screen.
- Tap on the General option.
- Now, you need to select the Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Choose the option that says, Erase All Content and Settings.
- The device will ask you to enter the password for your Apple ID.
- Once the password has been entered, the reset process will begin.
- At this time, all of your data stored on the onboard storage device will be cleared out.
- Within a few minutes, the reset will be completed and your iPhone 14 will boot up the setup screen.
Reset iPhone 14 via PC or Mac
You can also use your PC to perform a factory reset for your iPhone 14. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Power up your device and connect it to your PC using the USB cable.
- If you are using a Mac running macOS 10.15 or newer:
- From the Dock, click on the Finder icon.
- Click on the iPhone button from the Finder sidebar.
- Now, clock on General followed by Restore iPhone.
- If you’re using a Windows PC or Mac running macOS 10.14 or older, do the following:
- Download the latest version of iTunes.
- Click on the iPhone button located at the top left of the window.
- Select Summary and then choose Restore iPhone.
- And this is how you can reset an iPhone. You can also use this method to create a backup for your iPhone 14 before performing a reset for your device.
Reset iPhone 14 via iCloud
Apple also provides you an option to remotely erase your iPhone 14. For this, your iPhone needs to be connected to the internet. Here are the steps you can follow to remotely reset your iPhone
- Log into iCloud.com and click on Find my iPhone.
- Next, click on All Devices and then choose your device from the list that you wish to erase.
- Click on Erase Device.
- Enter the Apple ID password. The reset will begin performing right away.
- If your device is offline, the reset process will begin as and when the device connects back to the internet.
Reset Network Settings on iPhone 14
If your iPhone 14 has issues with your WiFi or cellular networks, performing a network reset is a more sensible option instead of resetting the whole device. Here are the steps.
- Open the Settings app and tap on general.
- Now, select Transfer or reset Device.
- Choose Reset followed by Reset Network Settings.
- All your saved WiFi networks, APN as well as VPN settings will be erased right away.
These are the different methods you can follow to perform a factory rest on your Apple iPhone 14. We hope this guide helps you when you might want to reset your iPhone 14. If you have questions or any queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.