Last week, Apple released a big software upgrade for iPhones with iOS 17. Each year, the operating system receives new features and improvements. With that being said, Apple introduced a brand new feature that deals with sensitive content warnings. Let’s find out more about what it is, how to turn it on, and more.
In a connected world where you can easily share content via text over the internet, it is best to be safe from information and content that might have highly sensitive information in it. What kind of content? Well, it can be anything from gore to nudity or anything related to blood or for that matter content that might not be suitable for children.
With this new Sensitive Content Warning feature on iOS 17, your iPhone will automatically detect and warn you about the type of content you have just received. So, without wasting any more time, let’s take a look at how you can easily enable the Sensitive Content warning feature on your iPhone
How to Enable Sensitive Content on iOS 17
As a parent who has children using iPhones, you can easily enable this Sensitive Content feature on their iPhones as well as on your iPhones. Here are the steps that you need to follow
- Open up the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Now, tap on Privacy and Security.
- Scroll down a bit till you find the Sensitive Content Warning option. Tap on it.
- Once you have the toggle switched on, you can choose all the apps and services that you want this feature to work with.
- By default, this feature has been enabled automatically for the supported apps. If you want, you can choose which app does not get the sensitive content warning.
What Apps Support This Feature?
As of now, it can be seen that this feature works perfectly with Apple’s own apps and services. We could also see this feature expand out to other third-party messaging and social platforms.
- Contact Posters
- FaceTime Video Messages
Viewing Content Marked as Sensitive Content
When you receive such content on your iPhone via Messages or FaceTime, your iPhone will burn the content and have two options displayed on it. If you want, you can tap on the Show button to view that content. Or, you can simply tap on the Alert icon to either report the content being sent or choose to block the person from further communicating with you.
Devices That Support Sensitive Content Warning Feature
This new feature has been announced with iOS 17 and is now available to all iPhones and other Apple devices that are able to update to the latest version of the operating system.
- Apple Mac systems running on macOS Sonoma
- Apple Watches running on watchOS 10
- iPads running on iPadOS 17
- iPhones on iOS 17
This concludes the guide on how you can enable the Sensitive Content Warning feature in your supported iPhones running on iOS 17. With this feature, you can safely ensure that you and your children as well as the elderly are safe from unwanted content at all times.
- How to Enable Crossfade Between Songs in Apple Music on iPhone
- How to Set up and Customize Contact Posters on iPhone [iOS 17]
- How to Use Standby Mode on iPhone [iOS 17]
- How to Setup eSIM on iPhone 15 and 15 Pro
- How to Customize the Action Button on iPhone 15 Pro
- How to use NameDrop on iPhones (iOS 17)
- How to Create Safari Profiles on iPhone and iPad [iOS 17]