Last year, Meta released a big list of features for its instant messaging app, WhatsApp. One notable feature includes the ability to hide your location and IP during calls. If you often use WhatsApp for voice calls and video calls and want to make your calls more secure, read on to learn how to enable the new security feature.
Privacy is important and to bring an additional layer of security to calls, WhatsApp introduced a new privacy feature that lets users hide their IP address in calls. The new feature in the talk is “Protect IP address in calls.”
Prior to the release of a new feature, when you make a call on WhatsApp, your IP address is shared with the other person on the call, potentially revealing your geo-location and Internet Service Provider (ISP) details.
Meta states that the new feature hides your IP from the other party by relaying calls through WhatsApp Servers. When you enable the Protect IP address feature, your call will first be routed through Meta’s servers and then connected to the recipient, obviously, the quality may not be as good as the normal calls, but it is a great feature.
So, if you want to enable this privacy feature, let’s dive right into the steps.
How to Enable Protect IP Address in Calls Feature on WhatsApp
Protect IP address in calls feature is available for both Android and iPhone users. Make sure to update WhatsApp to the latest version from Google Play Store or App Store. If you are already on the newer version, then you can follow these steps.
Steps for iPhone:
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Select Settings from the bottom bar.
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap Advanced and turn the toggle on for Protect IP address in calls.
- That’s it.
Steps for Android:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap the three dots icon at the top right corner and Select Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- Select Advanced and Turn on Protect IP address in calls.
You can easily make your calls more secure all thanks to the new privacy feature. Apart from protecting calls, you can also silence unknown callers on WhatsApp. Yes, this is another feature available on WhatsApp.
If you are receiving numerous calls from unknown numbers, then you can utilize the new privacy feature that silences all calls from unknown numbers.
Here’s how you can turn on this privacy feature, Open WhatsApp > Settings > Privacy > Calls > turn the toggle on for Silence Unknown Callers.
Want to make your experience better on WhatsApp, you can check out our Best WhatsApp Tips and Tricks guide.
If you still have any queries left, leave them in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- 75+ Best WhatsApp Tips and Tricks for iPhone and Android 
- How to See Deleted Messages on WhatsApp? [Android & iPhone]
- How to Stop WhatsApp from Saving Photos
- How to Create Your Own Stickers on WhatsApp
- How to Share Screen on WhatsApp from iPhone, Android, and Desktop
- 9 Ways to Fix WhatsApp Web No Valid QR Code Detected
- How to Set Custom Notification Alert Tone for Individual Contacts in WhatsApp on iPhone
- Google is Ending Unlimited Backups for WhatsApp: What to Do Now?
- How to use same WhatsApp account on Android and iPhone
- How to Pin Messages in any Chat on WhatsApp
- How to Send View Once Voice Messages on WhatsApp
- How to Send Photos as Document in WhatsApp on iPhone [New Method]
- How to Chat with the Meta AI Chatbot on WhatsApp