Windows 11 is shaping up to become an OS that will change how one thinks about Windows. Microsoft is on the path to making Windows 11 an OS that everyone will talk about because of the number of new features that they are bringing to it. Just some weeks back, we saw how the Amazon App Store now has more than 1000 Android apps and games for you to install on your PC. Windows 11 users that are on the insider build are currently receiving a slew of new features and among those features are the Live Captions features. We’ll be looking at what the feature is and how you can enable it on your Windows 11 PC.
Live Caption is a feature that works like subtitles. Live Captions are very beneficial, especially for those who have difficulty in hearing. Live Captions will now be working on videos that are played locally and will also be working perfectly in line with Video Conferencing software like Microsoft Teams. Now, this is a completely great feature, but for now, only available to users on the Insider builds. So, if you are someone that is running a Windows 11 Insider build, here is a guide on how to use Live Captions.
How to use Live Captions on Windows 11
The Windows 11 Insider build was released a few days back. The build number for this preview build goes by the number 22557. You can read more about the new build by heading here. Now, let’s get into how you can make use of Live Captions on your Windows 11 PC.
Update your PC to the Windows 11 22557 or newer:
- First, you will need to download and install the Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22557.
- To get the update, open the Settings app from the Start Menu of your Windows 11 PC.
- Now, click on the Windows Update section on the home screen of your Settings app.
- Click on the Check for Update button.
- If you are on the insider build of Windows 11, then the preview will be downloaded.
- Once the download has been completed, you might be required to perform a restart on your PC.
Start using the Live Captions feature:
- Now with the update installed, it’s time to make use of Live Captions.
- Launch your favorite web browser and visit and video streaming service. Or, you could also simply play a video file on your Windows 11 PC using your favorite media player.
- To enable the Live Captions, simply use this key combination. Windows Key + Control Key + L.
- You can also access it by clicking on the Quick Settings on your Taskbar and switch the Live Captions switch On.
- Now, the Live Captions will begin display for any video being played on your system or even during conversations with another person online.
- You can also adjust how the Live Captions can be displayed.
- The options to choose from are on top of the screen, bottom of the screen, or as a floating window on your desktop.
- The window can also be adjusted on its size and styles that you like the best.
- Live Captions is currently working only for the English US language.
And this is how you can enable Live Captions on your Windows 11 PC. Sure, for now, it is currently available for Windows 11 Insiders. The update will slowly make its way to other Windows 11 users in the coming days soon or later.
You May Also Like – How to Install Windows 11 on Unsupported PCs
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop them in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.