iOS 16.4 was one of the biggest incremental upgrades for the iPhone. It brings a nice set of features to the iPhone. The list includes 21 new emojis, a new way to get beta updates, Apple Books page turning animations, web apps push notifications, several changes for the Podcast app, a profile in the Apple Music app, Voice Isolation for calling, and more. Yes, the Apple Books app gets new page-turning animations, here’s how you can enable the new curl animation effect in the Apple Books app.
Love reading books in the Apple Books app? You can now enhance your reading experience by enabling the new page-turning animation feature in the app. The new change is available on both iPhone and iPad, all you need to do is to update your iPhone or iPad to the latest software.
If you’re an avid reader and have been using the Apple Books app for a while, you might have noticed that the page-turning animations have been the same for quite some time. The latest incremental software update brings a much-needed change to the application, the curl effect makes turning the pages feel more natural and engaging.
Now let’s take a look at the steps on how you can enable the new Curl page turning animation in Apple Books app on your iPhone or iPad.
How to Get Curl Page Turning Animation in Apple Books
To enable the new curl animation effect, first, you need to update your iPhone to iOS 16.4 or newer or if you own an iPad and want to enable the new animations on your iPad, then update it to iPadOS 16.4 or a later version. You can do this by navigating to Settings > General > Software Update, then follow on-screen instructions to install the new update. If your device is already on the newest version, you can follow these steps to get access to the new page turning animations in Apple Books app.
- Open the Apple Books app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the book which you want to read.
- Tap the menu icon at the bottom right corner.
- Select Themes & Settings option in the popup menu.
- Tap the Page Turning button in the prompt.
- Select the Curl effect from the menu.
- That’s it.
You should now be able to see the new curl animation effect when you turn the pages of the book. If you want to switch back to the traditional page turning animation, you can switch back to it by following the same steps and selecting the “Slide” option instead of “Curl”. This will revert the animation to the previous style.
If you still have any queries, then leave a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- How to Apply for Beta Updates on iPhone running iOS 16.4 or later
- How to enable Voice Isolation on iPhone for better cellular calls
- How to Customize iPhone Lock Screen [Ultimate Guide]
- How to Make Keyboard Bigger on iPhone [4 Methods]
- What Does Offload App Mean and How to use it on iPhone and iPad?
- 15 Best Icon Packs for iPhone and iPad
- How to Change App Icons on iPhone [iOS 16]