Google Stadia was a great cloud gaming platform that had a large number of games to play every month for a monthly fee. It also had a very nice Stadia controller that you could use to play games on your PC or Android TV. However, Google Stadia is now forever in the sea of clouds and will never be seen again. So, what happens to the Stadia controllers out there that a lot of people have and really like? Thankfully it’s not going into a landfill or sitting on the shelf having no use whatsoever.
On the last day of Google Stadia’s operations, Google finally announced that the Stadia controller will be racing its final software update. But, this update will finally make the Stadia controller even more useful. If you are planning to use the controller via Bluetooth for a number of devices, you might want to know how you can enable Bluetooth on the Stadia controller.
Before moving ahead, check out the list of devices compatible with the Stadia Controller. According to the information shared by Google on the Stadia Support page, the Stadia Controller can be used following devices.
- Windows 10 and 11 + Steam
- MacOS 13 + Steam
Before we dive into the steps that you need to follow to enable Bluetooth mode on your Stadia controller, there are a few things that you need to know.
- The process is irreversible. Meaning you can no longer switch back to the WiFi mode after enabling Bluetooth mode.
- The process to convert from WiFi mode to Bluetooth mode can take some time.
- You need to complete this conversion by December 31st, 2023. Failure to do so will leave your controller stuck in WiFi N mode which can result in a useless controller.
Now that you have the important points in your mind, let’s take a look at how you can enable Bluetooth mode on your Stadia controller.
There are a few things that you will require before converting the Stdai controller into a Bluetooth one.
- Stadia controller charged up to 60% or more.
- A USB Data cable
- Google Chrome runs the latest available version. (Version 108 and newer)
How to enable Bluetooth Mode on Stadia Controller
Now that you have the necessary things with you, it’s time to follow the steps to enable Bluetooth mode on your Stadia controller.
- Open Google Chrome on your PC and head over to the Stadia controller page.
- Click on the button that says Switch to Bluetooth mode.
- Now, click on the Start button and make sure to agree and accept the terms and conditions set down by Google.
- Plug the Stadia controller into your PC using the USB cable.
- Click on the button that says Allow Chrome to Verify controller.
- Finally, click on Connect.
- To begin the process, you will have to shut down the controller. Do that by pressing the Stadia button on the controller.
- Also, make sure to unplug the controller from your PC.
- Press and hold the Options button and plug the controller back into your PC.
- After you have connected the controller, press the Google Assistant, Options, Y, and A buttons at the same time.
- Chrome will now have completed the verification process for the Stadia controller.
- You now have to click on the option that says allow Chrome to download. This is needed to be done so that the software can be downloaded and installed on your controller.
- Once the software has been installed, you can easily use the controller as a Bluetooth controller and pair it to your PC, smart TV, or even your Android or iOS device.
How to Pair Stadia Controller with Bluetooth Mode
Pairing the Stadia controller with your TV, PC, or mobile device is simple and works just like how you would connect other Bluetooth devices.
To put the Stadia controller into pairing mode, all you need to do is press the Stadia and Y buttons on the controller for about 2 seconds.
The indicator light on the controller will turn orange meaning it’s in pairing mode. Once you have paired your device with the Stadia controller, you can easily use the controller with the device you just paired with.
This concludes the guide on how you can enable the Bluetooth mode on your Stadia controller permanently and also how you can use the controller and pair it with either your PC, TV, or mobile device.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.