Waiting for the big Windows 11 22H2 upgrade? Here’s how you can install the new Windows 11 22H2 update on your system right now.
Windows 11 has been around for quite some time. There have been the good sides and the bad sides to Windows 11. Whether it’s got to do anything with the UI or its performance. However, that doesn’t stop Microsoft from bringing out new features and a better user experience in the form of updates. Recently, Windows 11 Insiders have been installing the next big update i.e. 22H2. The update is currently available to Windows 11 Insiders. The update does bring in a lot of changes as well as new features. You can read all about the update by heading here.
If you are someone that has gained interest in the new 22H2 update and plan to install it on your systems, you can easily do it. However, there are a few things that you will need to follow in order to get the update on your Windows 11 PC. In today’s guide, we will be guiding you on what you will need to do and how you can install the 22H2 update on your Windows 11 PC.
Install Windows 11 22H2 Update Right Now
Before we talk about getting the update, you first need to understand that the update is available for users who are part of the Windows Insider program. The update was first available to Insiders on the Dev and beta channel for a few months. And it is now rolling out widely but it will take time. If you plan on installing this update, it would be advisable to join the Release preview channel of the Windows Insider program. Follow these steps to join the Windows Insider Program
Method 1: Join Release Preview and Check for Updates
- First, open the Start menu and then click on the Settings app icon.
- Now with the Settings app open, click on the Windows Update menu at the left.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, click on the Windows Insider Program option.
- Now, click on the Get Started button that you see on your screen.
- You will now be asked to connect a Microsoft account to your system in order to join the Windows insider program.
- Once you have signed in with your Microsoft account, you will be asked to choose the insider ring.
- Select the Release Preview Channel. This is the channel where you will be getting updates that are stable.
- Click on Continue.
- Make sure to read through the Microsoft terms and conditions agreement. If you are fine with the terms, click on Continue.
- You will now be asked to Restart the device. Restart the device to finish making the changes.
- Once your system has been restarted, you will now be a Windows insider running the Release Preview build.
Download the Update
- Now, you need to check for updates on your Windows PC.
- Open the Settings app, click on Windows Update and finally check for updates.
- The update will be displayed and now your PC will begin to download the update.
- It can take some time depending on your internet speed and your PC’s hardware to download and install the update.
Method 2: Download the ISO file
The ISO file for the Windows 11 22H2 update has been made available for Windows Insiders to download and install on their supported Windows 11 PCs. If you plan to install the Windows 11 22H2 update using ISO on your Windows 11 PC, you can follow these steps.
- First, connect your PC to the internet and launch your favorite web browser.
- Now, head over to this page and sign in with your Windows Insider account.
- Once signed in, scroll till you see the Download ISO section.
- Choose the edition of the ISO file that you want.
- You need to select Windows 11 insider Preview Release Preview Channel- build 22621.
- Next, select the language of your choice.
- And lastly, click on the 64-bit download button.
- The ISO file should begin to download on your PC.
Install the Update
- Once the download has been completed, navigate to the folder where it has been downloaded.
- Select the ISO, right-click and choose mount.
- Now, open the mounted folder and double-click on the setup.exe file.
- The setup for Windows 11 22H2 will now open up and you can go ahead with installing the update onto your system.
- The update can take a certain amount of time to install on your PC.
- Once the setup has been completed and your system has restarted a few times, you will then be running on Windows 11 22H2 on the Release Preview Channel.
So, yes, you can install the 22H2 Windows 11 Update on your PC. However, if you are someone who isn’t fine with a few bugs and things as such, it would be more advisable for you to wait a few more months till the stable update of 22H2 gets released later this year in the month of September. Well, if you want to know more about this new 22H2 update and the new things that it’s bringing t Windows 11, you can read about it by heading here.