There is a lot going on with X formerly known as Twitter. The social media platform has been in the news more since Elon Musk acquired it. Recently, Twitter rebranded to X, which upset many users since Twitter already had a cool name and icon (Change back Twitter icon). But we have to accept it as we have no control over it.
Although there have been many downsides to Twitter lately, some good news is also on the line. Twitter, aka X, now has a new feature that allows users to save videos from a tweet. Yes, you no longer need to rely on third-party downloaders to download Twitter videos. Users have control over their content which means if they want their video to be not downloaded, they can restrict it, before publishing the tweet.
Currently, only Twitter Blue subscribers can upload 1080p high-quality videos and videos up to 2 hours long. Non-subscribers don’t have this luxury. Moreover, the new option to download videos on Twitter is also limited to Blue Subscribers for now.
It doesn’t matter whether you own an Android or iOS device; this will work on both platforms. What about the Twitter web? Currently, it’s not working on the web.
Here are the Key points of the new feature:
- Only Twitter Blue subscribers can download videos
- Due to Age restrictions, users below 18 years will not be able to download videos
- Only videos from Tweet composed after 25th July will be downloaded which is when the feature was first introduced
- Currently, it works on Android and iOS
- Users can’t download a video if it is restricted by the composer
- Users can’t access videos posted by Private account
How to Save Twitter Videos on Your Phone
The Download capability was announced recently. Here is the process you need to follow:
Step 1: Open the Twitter / X app on your smartphone. Then open the tweet which has the video you want to download.
Step 2: Now play the video in full screen.
Step 3: Here you need to tap the three dots in the top right corner.
Step 4: In the Flyout window, you will see the Download Video, tap on it. This will download the video to your phone.
Elon also mentioned that the app will soon add an easier way to download videos. By long pressing on the video itself.
How to Restrict Users from Downloading Your Video
In case you are the one uploading a video on Twitter and want to restrict other users from downloading it, you can follow these steps. Currently, it works on iOS devices. It might be available soon for Android and Web.
- Write a Tweet and attach a video to it, just like how you have been doing till now. But don’t publish it yet.
- After uploading the video you will see the Tweet preview, tap the edit option here.
- Here you will see the option to Allow video to be downloaded. Control it based on your preference.
- Now you can publish the Tweet.
You May Be Also Interested In:
- How to Bring Back the Classic Twitter Bluebird Icon on iPhone and Android
- How To Setup Google Authentication 2FA for Twitter Account
- How to Pin any Tweet on Twitter (Pin someone else’s Tweet)
- 10 Best Twitter Alternatives with Similar Experience
- How to create and join Twitter Spaces on Android & iOS [Guide]