Overwatch 2 is the new upcoming game from Blizzard Entertainment. While the game was revealed last year and after being delayed for a while, it is now available for players to beta test the game. The game will be released in October this year. If you’re someone that enjoys the game, you can go ahead and play the beta version. The beta is available for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation owners. Recently Overwatch beta 2 was released with new character and new map.
If you remember, the signup event to join the beta program was revealed long back. So, players who had signed up to join the beta program will be receiving emails from Blizzard Entertainment regarding the invite to join the beta for Overwatch 2. As of now, the invite is being rolled out in waves, so if you have signed up to join the beta access, there can still be a chance of you landing an invite to test and play the beta of Overwatch 2 until the 15th of July. As long as the beta program goes on, you can always apply to join and get lucky by receiving the invite.
Download Overwatch 2 Beta
Now, even though it is not possible to join the beta program at this time, there is a simple and easy way that you can follow to get instant access to the beta program. For this, you will have to purchase the Overwatch 2 Watchpoint pack. You can purchase this from the battle.net store. All you need to do is sign in with your battle.net account and visit this page. This purchase will cost you $40. However, you do not only get immediate access to the beta program, but you will also be getting the Legendary Edition of the game.
This also gives you access to various in-game items such as
- Season 1 Premium Battle Pass
- Two Legendary Space Raider hero Skins
- 3000 Overwatch 2 Virtual Currency
Download Overwatch 2 Beta on Console
Provided that you have received an invite via email to join the beta program for Overwatch 2, only then you will be able to download and play the game.
- Open the Store on your Xbox or PlayStation Console.
- Search for the game Overwatch 2 beta.
- Now, select the game from the search results.
- Once you visit the game’s page on your console, simply download it.
- Once the game has been downloaded, you will have to sign in with the same email address which you have used to receive the invite.
- The download size on Xbox will weigh in at 20.31 GB and for PlayStation, it will be 20.92 GB.
- Sign in to the game and you can play the game right away.
Download Overwatch 2 Beta on PC
If you will be playing the game on your PC, ensure that you have enough storage space available to install the game as well as any updates that might be rolling out during the course of the beta testing period. The game download size on PC will be 50 GB. Follow these steps to download Overwatch 2 beta on PC.
- First, head over to this page of Battle.net to download the Battle.net launcher.
- Once it has completed the download, install the launcher and make sure to sign in with the account that you used to receive the invite for Overwatch 2 beta.
- Once signed in, Click on the Overwatch icon. This will be present at the top of the launcher.
- From the drop-down menu, select Overwatch 2 beta.
- Click on the Install button to download the game to your PC. Once the game is installed, you can launch the game and play Overwatch 2 Beta.
And this is how you can download and play Overwatch 2 Beta on your PC, Xbox or PlayStation. Do note that every time there is a new beta available, you will have to request access for the same. Your current access to the beta program for the game does not get carried over to the third beta program. Are you someone that is already in the second beta program for the game or are you yet to receive an invite for the beta? Tell us in the comments below.