Android 9 Pie is now available for Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro with MIUI 9.3.14 beta update. It’s a global beta update so everyone can install this update. Here I will Guide you to download & Install Redmi 6 Pro Android Pie based on MIUI 10 Global Beta 9.3.14. The Global Beta update is also available for Redmi 3S, Redmi 4X, Redmi Note 4 MTK, Redmi Note 3 Special edition and other devices.
It is a Global Beta ROM based on the latest MIUI 10 9.3.14. And if you are already in a beta ROM then you will get this update via OTA. But if you are not in any MIUI beta update then you have to manually Install Android Pie update on Redmi 6 Pro. And remember that this is a beta ROM, not a Stable ROM so you may get to face minor bugs.
The MIUI 10 Global beta 9.3.14 ROM comes with all the Android Pie goodies like Adaptive brightness, Better Battery performance and more. So if you want to try Android 9 Pie on Redmi 6 Pro then download the Developer ROM of size 1.3GB (link in the download section) and install via fastboot method or follow the guide section. Below are changelogs that you should know.
MIUI 10 Beta 9.3.14 Android Pie Notes
1) If you are in Android Oreo you can upgrade to latest MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM based on Android Pie. But after installing Android Pie do not downgrade to Android Oreo because it will create problems.
2) If you are in MIUI Beta ROM then you will get update notification or update to MIUI 10 Beta 9.3.14 from updater (in settings).
MIUI 10 Beta 9.3.14 Android Pie Changelogs
Fixed: Live wallpaper wasn’t displayed on the Lock screen after the device was turned on.
You can stay on the Lock screen after your face has been recognized. You can turn on this feature in Settings > Lock screen & password > Manage face data.
Download Redmi 6 Pro Android Pie (MIUI 10 Beta 9.3.14)
The Android update for Redmi 6 Pro is now available as Developer ROM to download and install manually. It is a Global beta ROM and it is available to download without signup.
Download Android Pie ROM – MIUI 10 Beta 9.3.14 (1.3GB)
After downloading the ROM you are set to install Android Pie on Redmi 6 Pro which is based on MIUI 10 Global beta 9.3.14. Follow the guide mentioned below to get Android Pie on your Redmi 6 Pro.
How to Install Android Pie on Redmi 6 Pro (MIUI 10 Global Beta 9.3.14)
- Take a backup of important data
- Unlock Bootloader of your phone
- Make sure you are in MIUI 10 (if not update to MIUI 10)
- Charge your phone at least 50%
Steps to Install Android Pie on Redmi 6 Pro – Fastboot Method
- Disable driver signature enforcement on PC (Reboot PC in Advance mode and then select disable driver signature with F7/7).
- Install Mi Flash Tool on your PC.
- In phone go to Settings > My device > All Specs and tap 7-8 times on MIUI version.
- Now enable USB debugging – Go to Settings > Additional settings > developer options and toggle USB debugging.
- Turn off your Redmi 6 Pro.
- Press & hold Power + Vol down button together to boot into Fastboot mode.
- Connect the phone to PC with USB cable.
- Open MiFlashTool.exe on PC as an administrator.
- Extract the download MIUI 10 beta ROM using Winzip or WinRAR or any other zip opener.
- In Mi Flash Tool click on the Refresh button and it will detect your device.
- Click on Select and locate the extracted ROM folder.
- Select “clean all” and then click on flash.
- It will remove all the data of phone and install Android Pie on Redmi 6 Pro.
- You can track the installation progress in the tool. When it shows success then the phone will automatically boot into the system.
Now you can enjoy amazing features of Android Pie and also MIUI 10 Beta ROM. As Xiaomi phones come with custom UI which already has many features similar to Android Pie but combining both will give an immense performance.
If you face any error while installing Android Pie on Redmi 6 pro then make sure to comment down below and we will reply as soon as possible.