Huawei is one of the big brands in the Smartphone industry and Honor is the sub brand of Huawei. Both Huawei and Honor devices run on EMUI which is their own custom UI. And as you know that Google has banned Huawei and it means Huawei can’t use Google Apps and Services on their phones. Due to this update on Huawei Phones also affected like updates are delayed. But now it is stabilizing and Huawei phones are receiving updates. Here you get to know How to Download EMUI 10 Updates on Huawei Phones along with installation guide.
In other Android phones, we can manually install Firmware or OTA but in Huawei it is different. You must be thinking that it is a negative point for Huawei but it’s not because it is much easier to install the latest EMUI Update on Huawei and Honor Phones. EMUI 10 is the latest update from Huawei and some devices have already received the update. And many Huawei and Honor phones are still left to receive the EMUI 10 update. So if you don’t know how to manually update your Huawei or Honor phone then this guide is for you.
We will share how to download the EMUI 10 for your phone and how to install it on Huawei or Honor device. EMUI 10 comes with goodies such as new Interface, Multi-screen collaboration, Always on display, elastic touch, minimal design, Dark Mode, and more. It will also impact the performance of the phone on the positive side. So get ready for the latest EMUI 10 on your Huawei phone.
Download EMUI 10 on Huawei and Honor Phones
You don’t need any external link to download update for Huawei devices. You can download the EMUI 10 update from one of the official Huawei apps. And so you don’t have to worry about the security issue. Before you download you have to make sure of a few things given below.
- Take a full backup of your important data from phone to ensure no data loss
- There should be enough available space on your device for the update.
- Install HiCare app on your Huawei phone from Play Store or Huawei App Gallery
- Go to Settings > System > Software Update and make sure that your phone is running on the latest available update
- Charge your phone to at least 50% for secure updating
- The method will only work if updates start rolling but you didn’t receive the update
Don’t miss the list of Huawei & Honor devices which are going to receive EMUI 10 update. So you can check the method when your device starts receiving the update.
Must Read | How to Install Google Services on Huawei & Honor Phones (Guide)
Steps to Download EMUI 10 update
- Open the HiCare app on your Huawei or Honor phone.
- The app will ask to select the country, so select your country. You can also select another country if you want.
- After selecting the country the app will open its homepage and there click on the Update option.
- In the Update page click on ‘Check for Updates’ and it will display the EMUI 10 update if available. If it doesn’t then check again in a few hours interval.
- When it shows the update click on ‘Download and Install’.
- A pop up will appear for confirmation so tap on the Continue option and wait for complete download.
- After downloading it will ask to reboot so click on Reboot and enjoy the latest EMUI 10 on your phone.
That’s it this is an easy method to install EMUI 10 on Huawei and Honor devices. If the update is rolling out in different region then you can change the country in the app according to that region and then check for the update. It is not recommended but you can still give it a try. In case if the above method didn’t work then below we have added one more method to install EMUI 10 on Huawei and Honor phones.
You May Also Like | How to Debloat Huawei Phones (Remove Pre-installed Apps)
How to Install EMUI 10 on Huawei Phone using Firmware Finder
There is an app call Firmware finder which is also used to get the latest EMUI updates on Huawei and Honor devices. So if the above method didn’t work for you then you can follow this method.
- Make sure that your Huawei or Honor device connected to an active internet connection.
- Go to Play Store or Huawei AppGallery and install the Firmware Finder for Huawei on your phone.
- Now open the Firmware finder app and it will detect your phone model and list the device model on top.
- Click on your phone model and it will show all the available Firmware including the latest update.
- Then from the list click on the latest update firmware that you want to install.
- It will take you to the next page where you will find various update options. Click on the IN-APP PROXY. Then click on OK to pass the alert message.
- Now it will show information in rServer. Like rServer: localhost Port:8080. Remember both server and port number as we have to use it.
- Minimize the App (do not close the app) and make sure the proxy server is running in the background (you can check in the notification panel).
- Now open Settings on your phone and go to WiFi to which your device is connected. Modify the network and enter localhost in server and 8080 in port. You need to enter the same server and port that you found from the Firmware finder app. I have used Localhost & 8080 just for an example.
- Once your device is connected to WiFi with custom server and port, go back to Settings.
- Then go to Updater in Settings and there it will show the latest available update (the same update that you choose from the available firmware list).
- Click on Update to start updating your Huawei or Honor phone to the latest version.
These two methods are tested and completely secure. Many users have tried and it is working for them very well. But you need to remember that it will only work if the EMUI 10 update is available in any region. Now you get to experience the EMUI 10 with unique features on your phone.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to download EMUI 10 on Huawei and Honor phones. And if you have any questions on your mind then let us know in the comment section below.