Apple has teased the upcoming watchOS 9 to the public at its annual WWDC event. As always the first beta goes live for the developers seeding with a slew of new features and enhancements. watchOS 9 comes in with a bunch of new watch faces, an enhanced workout app, Medications app, Afib history, and more. If you’re a developer, then you can now sideload the watchOS 9 beta on your Apple Watch. Here you can check everything about watchOS 9 developer beta update.
The first developer beta of watchOS 9 goes live with a 20R5287q build number. Apple has planned to push the new version of watchOS to the Apple Watch Series 4 and newer models. Yes, the company has dropped the Watch Series 3 to get the taste of watchOS 9. For availability, the first public beta build will be available from July 2022. And the final stable build will be available this fall.
Talking about the features and changes, then the update comes in with the four new watch faces, redesigned notification UI, Siri UI, Apple Watch Mirroring, 6 language keyboard support, enhanced workout app, Medications app, Afib history, sleep stages for better sleep tracking, and more. If you want to taste the new features coming with watchOS 9, then here’s how you can download and install the new update on your Apple Watch.
watchOS 9 Developer Beta Update
If your iPhone or iPad is running on the latest version of iOS 16 or iPadOS 16 developer beta, then you can easily sideload the update on your Watch.
- At first, you need to login to Apple Developer Program website.
- Then, head over to the downloads.
- Tap on watchOS 9 beta 1 available under featured downloads. Then tap on the download button.
- Now install watchOS 9 beta profile on your iPhone, then authorize the profile by going to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Here are some prerequisites, that you can check before installing it on your Apple Watch.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 16.
How to install watchOS 9 Developer Beta 1 Update
- At first, open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
Now the watchOS 9 developer beta update will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
You May Also Like – Download iOS 16 / iPadOS 16 Dev Beta Update
If you have any queries, you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: