The much-anticipated Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 has been released and it’s bringing some truly spectacular next-gen graphics and gameplay. Currently, the flight simulator is exclusively available for download on PC. We’ve put together a comprehensive guide showing you exactly how to download and install Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on Windows 10.
There are several choices on where you can get Asobo Studio’s newest flight simulator game. The download and installation process is a bit trickier than your average game. And with the help of this article, you can easily get the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Game on your Computer.
To download and install Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on Windows 10, you’ll first have to have to make a few decisions. Before playing, you need to choose the version of the game you want to play. Next, you’ll have to decide on the digital storefront you want to buy the game from. If you are an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber, you can buy the Standard Edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 from the Microsoft Store or Xbox App at no extra cost. Those without a subscription can get the game for $59.99 on Steam.
Download and Install Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on Windows 10 using Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
You can refer to this section if you have an Xbox Game Pass that comes with a lot of benefits. Here, in case of the MSFS 2020 game, you can directly download the game from Microsoft store to your machine. You don’t have to visit any third-party game store. Before you start mirroring steps given below, We recommend you first go through all steps at least once.
- If you have Game Pass Ultimate, then visit the Microsoft Store/ Xbox App page for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and click on “install.”
- The download should automatically initiate itself. This part of the installation process will be considerably short, needing only about 1GB of hard drive space.
- Once the above stage is completed, launch the game on your desktop. Once the game has launched, you’ll be asked to change or apply some basic settings.
- After that pick your preferred installation location for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 full list of content.
- This is the game’s main download and it will need approximately 152GB of space. So make sure you have sufficient hard drive storage available.
Now you can enjoy the latest Microsoft Simulator game on your PC. But what if you don’t have Game Pass. Well, don’t worry as you can also easily download Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on your Windows 10 PC.
Download and Install Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on Windows 10 using Steam
This method requires you to have a Steam account, so if you already have an account on Steam then you are good to go. But if not then you can easily register on the Steam.
- Go to the Steam website and search for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. You will have to purchase the game edition you want.
- Download the initial smaller download client.
- Upon running it, the download client will request you to sign in to your Microsoft account.
- From here onwards, the download and installation of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on Windows 10 is pretty much identical to the steps found in the Game Pass Ultimate installation guide explained above.
If you happen to experience any issues trying to initiate the secondary, larger download within the client for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, you will have to double-check your version of Windows. To properly install Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on Windows 10, you’ll need to be running on at least Windows 10 Nov 2019 Update (version 1909).
To check for this information, press the Windows key and type “about your PC” into the search bar. This should show you the “about” page found in the system settings. Scroll down to “Windows specifications” and check the Windows “Version” listed. If your current Windows version is older than 1909, check for any available new update and install it.
While the second, much larger game package is downloading, we highly recommend that you keep the game download client running in the background. This is done so as not to disturb or cancel the download process. Once finished, the game client will close automatically itself, and you will be finally ready to strap up and take to the skies.
Install Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on Windows 10 using the Physical Disc
Another way to install Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on Windows 10 will be to use the physical disc. Microsoft announced that there will be a physical retail edition for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. This release will have a total of 10 discs and is 90GB in size. However, it will only be available in Europe. This release is targeted at those who have slow internet connections. The Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 price for the physical copy is expected to be around USD 60.00.
Now that you know how to download and install Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on Windows 10, you’re ready to take control and fly around the globe. For more on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, check out more of our extensive posts on the game. YTECHB will be posting more about Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, so stay tuned for more.
Leave us a comment if you want us to cover any news about Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.