OxygenOS 12 for OnePlus phones is the latest update based on Android 12. The latest update is currently available on the OnePlus 9 series. Other OnePlus phones eligible for OxygenOS will get the update later. If you have updated your OnePlus phone to OxygenOS 12 and want to go back to OOS 11 then this guide will help you. Here you will know how to downgrade OxygenOS 12 to OxygenOS 11.
Although this update is available for OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro, this guide has been written keeping other updates in mind. So if you have any OnePlus phones with OxygenOS 12 based Android 12, you can use this guide to downgrade them.
OnePlus is now slowly adopting ColorOS, starting with OxygenOS 12 globally. Many ColorOS features and UI are available in OxygenOS 12. And as we all know, one of the common reasons why users choose OnePlus is the clean UI like stock Android. But OnePlus is giving it for ColorOS. And this is one of the main reasons why users want to go back to OOS 11 aka OxygenOS 11.
It can be a different reason for users to rollback to OOS 11, so whatever is your reason, you can follow this guide to enjoy OxygenOS 11 again.
How to Downgrade OxygenOS 12 to OxygenOS 11
Downgrading a OnePlus phone is easy as they provide a local upgrade option which can be also used to downgrade OxygenOS 12 to OxygenOS 11. The downgrade process is risky so make sure you follow all the processes carefully. Let’s start with all the requirements.
- Take a full backup of your phone as the downgrade process will format the device
- Download the OOS 11 Rollback package for your device and region
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
Make sure you download the correct rollback package as it can also brick your phone. While downloading you need to check for the correct region and the correct device. You can find rollback packages for your OnePlus phone in the OnePlus Forum. Generally, they share the link in the update related thread. Once you get the rollback package, you can begin the process.
Steps to downgrade OnePlus phones:
- Copy the rollout package to your phone. If the file ends with .jar, rename it and remove .jar and make sure it ends with .zip.
- Store the file outside of every folder (root directory), it means the file should be in the phone storage and not inside any folder.
- Now download the Local Update apk on your phone using this link.
- If the app file name ends with .zip, remove .zip and make sure it ends with .apk.
- Install the Local Update app on your phone. You can find the app with the name System Update after installing it.
- Open the app and click on the gear icon in the top right corner.
- It will detect the OxygenOS 11 rollout package that you copied to your phone earlier.
- Click on the file and hit the confirm button on the popup.
- The installation progress will begin, it will take some time to install. I assume that you have already taken the backup of your important data, if not you can still take a backup.
- Once the Install process is done, click on the Reboot button and wait for the reboot.
- It can take a few minutes, even more than 10 minutes.
- Once the device reboot, set up your phone and enjoy the OxygenOS 11.
That’s it, you can now enjoy the OxygenOS 11 on your OnePlus phone. In case you bricked your OnePlus phone, then you can make use of the MSMDownload tool to fix your phone. Let us know what you didn’t like in the OxygenOS 12 and is it a good move from OnePlus to switch to ColorOS.