Want to free space from your Samsung phone by removing duplicate images? You are at the right place, here you will know how to find and delete duplicate photos from Samsung phones.
Since most phones now come with big storage, we forget to remove files that are not required because we feel there is plenty of space left on the phone. But with time the storage gets filled with so many unwanted files including duplicate photos. And then we realize it’s time to remove such files to make room for important data.
You can take various measures to clear space on your phone. This includes removing big-size files that are not required, clearing cache, uninstalling bloatware, optimizing devices, removing duplicate items, and more.
Here in this guide, we will focus on how to delete duplicate photos on Samsung phones. This is one of the best ways to clear some space.
How to find Duplicate Photos on Samsung
For this guide, the first task is to find all the duplicate images stored on your phone. Samsung has made it quite simple for its users to identify duplicate images. Here’s how to find them.
- Open the default File Manager on your Samsung phone.
- Scroll down to the last, and tap Analyze Storage.
- It will show the complete overview of your storage including some suggestions below.
- Tap on Duplicate Files.
- It will show all the files that are similar. It includes videos, photos, and other files.
- Open Settings on your Samsung phone.
- Scroll down and open Battery and device care.
- Under device care, tap on Storage.
- This will open the storage overview.
- Tap on duplicate files to see videos and images that are the same.
So this is how you can check for duplicate files on your Samsung phone.
Delete Duplicate Photos on Samsung
There are many reasons why you should remove duplicate files. The first reason is that it’s important to keep the storage organized so that you can find the required files easily. Another big reason is to clear storage to make room for other files.
Now you know the importance of removing unwanted files and how to find them, it’s time to remove unnecessary files.
- Go to the Duplicate Files section using the above-mentioned methods.
- Now select all the duplicate files that you want to remove.
- At last tap the delete icon and confirm to delete all selected duplicate files.
So this is the easiest way to find and delete duplicate photos on Samsung phones. In case you follow a different method, let us know in the comment section. I hope you found this guide useful. So let us know in case of any queries.