The most common screen that you would be looking at whenever you start your device or plan to unlock, is the lock screen. Whether you use a PC or mobile device, the lock screen can be customized according to your own taste. Well, the same can be said about the lock screen on your Windows 11 PCs. Now, the Windows 11 lock screen now looks much better than what you would see on a Windows 10 PC. So, if you were thinking about customizing the lock screen on your Windows 11 PC, then here’s a guide on how to customize Windows 11 lock screen.
There are various elements to the Windows 11 lock screen that you will be able to customize. Being able to customize the lock screen gives you the power to adjust it to your taste and liking instead of having to see the same boring default lock screen. So, here is everything you need to know and do to customize the lock screen on your Windows 11 PC.
How to Customize Windows 11 Lock Screen
Change Lock screen wallpaper
Now, when you apply or make use of any of the default themes that come with Windows 11, it will also set up the lock screen wallpaper. You can, however, change the lock screen wallpaper to any wallpaper that you like. Or better yet, you can make use of Windows Spotlight to have your Windows 11 lock screen wallpaper changed every day.
- First, open the Settings app by launching it from the Start Menu.
- Now, click on Personalization from the left pane in the Settings app.
- On your right, click on Lock Screen. You will see an option that says personalize your lock screen.
- Right next to it, you will see a drop-down menu.
- If you choose Picture, you will be able to choose the default lock screen wallpapers or, you could choose your own photo by clicking on Browse Photos.
- If you have a good set of images in a folder, simply select Slideshow from the drop-down menu.
- With the Slideshow option, you can let the lock screen display an album of pictures from the folder that you have selected.
- Apart from that, there are many other settings that you can adjust such as letting the lock screen use pictures that fit the screen or playing the slideshow only when the PC is on battery power.
Set Lock screen wallpaper with Windows Spotlight
In order to make use of Windows Spotlight on your Windows 11 PC, ensure that you are running the latest build update for your Windows 11 PC. Once you have updated to the latest build, you can follow these steps to set up Windows Spotlight for your lock screen.
- Open the start menu and click on the Settings app icon.
- With the app launched, click on Personalization on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select Lock screen from the hind side of the screen.
- At the first option where it says personalize your lock screen, click on the drop-down menu and select Windows Spotlight.
- Now, press the windows K and the L key on your keyboard to lock your PC. The lock screen will now be displayed.
- You will also notice a few tips at the center, right, and left of your screen.
- You can change the wallpaper by clicking on the icon at the right.
Display App Status on Lock Screen
The lock screen will not only show you the date and time. It can also display detailed information from an app. It can display information from the Email, Calendar, and Weather app. It can display details of other third-party Windows Store apps that you might have installed on your PC. Follow these steps to enable this feature
- Pull up the Start menu and select the Settings app.
- Now click on Personalization from the left and lock screen on the right.
- You will see an option that says Lock screen status.
- On its right, you will see a drop-down menu. Simply select the app that you want to display detailed info on your lock screen.
Disable Sign-in Screen background and Tips
While you’re able to customize the lock screen according to your liking, you should also be able to remove or disable a few elements from the lock screen that isn’t your taste. Fowl these steps to disable the sign-in screen background and tips. Do note that you cannot disable tips if your lock screen wallpaper is set to Windows Spotlight.
- Open the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Now, select Personalization, followed by the Lock screen.
- Switch the toggle to off where it says to show the lock screen background on the sign-in screen.
- If you have set a picture or slide show as the wallpaper for your lock screen, make sure to uncheck the box that says Get fun facts, tips, tricks, and more details.
And this is everything you need to know in order to customize the lock screen on your Windows 11 PC. having a pleasant-looking lock screen is always better than having to see a cluttered one, especially with all the default settings. If you have any doubts or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments below.