One of the best ways to enhance your iPhone experience is by discovering and using its various fun and useful features. Many users may not be aware of the small yet handy features that can significantly improve their overall iPhone usage. One such feature worth exploring is the ability to create stickers with photos. You can create stickers with Photos on iPhone.
Apple introduced the feature to select object from photos with the iOS 16 update in 2022, and since then, it has undergone significant improvements. Now with iOS 17, we can directly save objects as stickers. The feature enables users to highlight a subject in a photo and save it as a sticker, offering various uses and benefits.
How to Create Stickers with Photos on iPhone
This is a cool feature which can be used for fun as well as for work like Photoshop, Presentation slides and more. Here’s how you can enjoy this feature.
- Make sure your iPhone is running iOS 17 or later.
- Now open the photo which include the subject you want to save it as sticker.
- Once the photo is opened, Touch and Hold the object.
- The object will highlight and you get few quick options. Tap on Add Sticker.
- It will be added to your sticker list that you can use anytime.
If you want to make some changes to the sticker, choose Add Effects that will appear once it is saved as sticker. When you choose to add effect, it will show the sticker in different options, choose the one that you like.
On your iPhone, you can also copy the object to different apps such as Notes, Slides, iMessage, SMS, Messenger, and others that support images. To paste the object, simply touch and hold on the object to highlight it. While holding the sticker, open the desired app with your other hand and drop the object where you want to save or send it.
You can create new stickers within Message app or any other app where stickers are accessible. Here’s how this method works:
- Open Messages on your iPhone.
- Tap the + icon and choose Stickers. When it open stickers in keyboard view make sure it is not set to recent (with clock icon). It need to be on the Sticker section.
- Now tap the big + (plus) icon.
- It will open Photos. Now open a photo or image and it will auto highlight the object that is eligible for sticker.
- If you are happy with the auto selected object, tap Add Sticker. If not touch and hold the other object then Add Sticker.
- It will also be added to the Sticker list. You can add effects if you want to.
That’s it, you can now use this sticker anytime.
How to Create Animated Stickers with Live Photos
If you have a live photo, you can also create new animated stickers from them. This is easy as creating a normal sticker. Remember the object in the live photo must be moving. Here is the process to create animated stickers.
- Open Photos app on your iPhone.
- Now locate and open the live photo that you will be using to create sticker.
- Tap and hold on the moving object in the photo. It will give quick options just like in the first method.
- Tap Add Sticker and it will be added to your stickers collection.
When it appear in the collection for the first time, it will give you the option to Add Effects. You can choose any effect that you like or leave it unchanged.
How to Delete Stickers on iPhone
The process to Delete a sticker is almost similar to creating a sticker. Here are the steps you can follow to delete the sticker.
- Open Messages.
- Now tap the + icon. And switch to the sticker tab if its in recent tab.
- Long tap on the sticker you want to delete and then release.
- It will open quick options, choose Delete and the sticker will be deleted from your phone.
So this is how to easily create a sticker on iPhone. Let us know how frequently you use this feature on your iPhone. And in case of any queries, feel free to ask them in the comment section.