Being able to connect to the internet has now become a common feature for a ton of devices. It helps in being able to watch various kinds of content, download apps, and even update your system’s software. This only makes your existing Smart TV even smarter. Now, of course, Vizio is a popular TV brand that has been providing pocket-friendly TVs that are rich with features for the consumer. So, if you have a brand new Vizio SmartCast TV, here is a guide on how to connect Vizio TV to WiFi.
What can you do with having WiFi connected to the TV? Well for instance you no longer will have to watch all your OTT content on your mobile phone, you can use your big screen with a perfect sound setup, you will be having a better experience. Also, if you are those that have cut the cord, then having internet-based TV Channels are the perfect way to watch, especially when several apps let you watch channels for free. So read onto know how you can connect your Vizio Smartcast TV to the WiFi.
- Vizio Smart TV and original TV remote
- WiFi Network password
How to connect Vizio TV to WiFi
- Power on your Vizio Smart TV. Make sure that your router is also on and broadcasting its WiFi network.
- Now, press the Menu button on your Vizio TV remote.
- You can now navigate to the Network option that pops up on the left side of your TV Screen.
- Select and Click OK when on the Network option.
- Your TV will now begin to look for WiFi networks that are available in its range.
- When you spot your network select it.
- Here is where you will be able to type in your network’s password.
- Press the connect button on your screen.
- With the network details correct and verified, the TV will now be connected to the WiFi network.
- As soon as your TV gets the WiFi network access, it will begin to update the apps that are installed on it.
- In the meantime, the TV will also check for any software updates if available. If there are updates it will download them and then ask you if you wish to install these updates.
- And that is how you connect your Vizio Smart TV to the internet through a WiFi network.
Troubleshoot Internet Connection
Sometimes the TV might not be able to connect to a certain type of network. For example, if it is a guest or a shared network. In this case, you can simply contact the network admin to get your device connected to the router. Since these kinds of networks require you to log in using a browser, which the Vizio Smart TV does not have.
Check if your network has an issue or if it is your TV that has a problem. Simply use another device to connect to the same network, If the device can’t, then it could the fault of your network. However, if it does connect, then it could be your TV has a problem and you might need to perform a reset on it.
Sometimes, there could be an issue with your router. In this case, you can simply disconnect the network, unplug the router and then reconnect all of it. It is just like giving the router a power cycle.
And this is how you can connect your Vizio Smart TV to the WiFi network. The process should take you less than a minute to have you set up and connected to the internet. Since you have a network connection, you can simply go ahead and watch content on the TV or maybe you could now even screen mirror or cast your Android, iOS, or Windows device’s screen to your Vizio Smart TV via WiFi.
You May Also Like – How to Program DirecTV Remote to Vizio TV
If you still have any query, then drop a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related stuff: