In this article, you can check how to connect Nintendo Switch Lite to your TV.
While the Nintendo Switch is a bugger handheld console, the Switch Lite is what it is. A smaller version of the Switch that sports a 5-inch screen and no detachable Joy-Cons. This is perfect for someone who doesn’t want a huge portable console and also for those who loved how the original PSP was.
While this is all good, the other mega difference between the Switch and the Switch Lite is the fact that you cannot connect it to your TV at all. This is super annoying for r some people who wanted to play with their Nintendo Switch Lite on the bigger screen. There is, however, a workaround to get the Switch Lite’s screen on your TV. Follow this guide to know more.
Now, to keep the costs of the Nintendo Switch Lite down, there have been some cost cuttings done to it. Of course, the smaller screen size and fixed Joy-Cons are one thing. The other thing is the elimination of the Video Output chip. Yes, the Nintendo Switch Lite cannot output video to any display.
If you thought of trying to use the Nintendo Switch dock, then forgot about it. The Switch Lite will simply not fit into the dock. If you try to connect an HDMI cable to the Switch Lite and the TV, you won’t get an output. So, how do you get the Switch Lite connected to the TV? Read on to know more.
- Nintendo Switch Lite
- Switch Lite Stand
- A TV with HDMI ports
- HDMI Cable
- A mobile phone with a decent camera
- Tripod for your mobile phone
- HDMI adaptor for mobile phone
- Extra Joy-Cons or Pro Controller
How to Connect Switch Lite to TV
There is no proper way to get the Switch Lite connected to the TV, though, there is a small DIY method that you can follow. Sure, it won’t be the best, but it’s the only workaround available for owners of the Switch Lite.
- First, prop your Switch Lite on the Switch Stand. Also, launch up a game that you wish to play.
- Now, connect your extra Joy-Cons or Nintendo Pro Controller to your Switch Lite.
- Next, attach your mobile phone to the tripod and adjust it in such a way that it faces parallel to the Switch Lite.
- You can launch the camera app and adjust the tripod accordingly.
- Now, connect the HDMI adaptor to the charging port of your mobile device. Make sure that you either have a Type C or lightning port adaptor for your Android or iOS device.
- One end of the HDMI cable should be connected to the TV and the other end into the HDMI adaptor’s port that is connected to your mobile phone.
- Now, launch the camera app on your phone. You can also install a camera app that will let you hide all the camera UI elements.
- Switch your TV on and select the correct input mode which has the phone’s display.
- You can now use your Joy-Cons or the Nintendo Po Controller to play your games on the big screen.
- You might see a little delay from your Switch Lite and your TV, but it is playable.
So, this concludes the DIY method used to connect the Switch Lite to your TV. Now, this isn’t always the best way, but, it surely is a good way to get things up and running. You could make use of screen mirroring, but trust me, it’s not worth it if you plan on playing games. The audio and video input delays will be a lot and make your experience unpleasant. Hence, using the cable to screen your phone to the TV is more suitable. If you have queries or comments, feel free to drop them below.
More Related Articles: