Being able to connect your laptop to the TV is a great feature. Of course, you could always make use of the HDMI cables and ports to get your laptop’s display on the big screen. However, it is always better to have a wireless option, and thankfully, there are such options that can be used. Life is much better with a lot of wireless options and casting to your Vizio Smart TV. So, let’s take a look at how to connect laptop to Vizio Smart TV wirelessly.
Why would you want to connect your laptop to Vizio Smart TV? Well, for starters you can easily have a great visual experience on the big screen while watching sports, movies or for that matter even playing games. Though you might find some input lag taking place while playing games through the TV. And since it is a laptop that you will be connecting to the TV, you can do it from almost any part of the room and not be tied down to a single location or place. Since this eliminates the need for cables, many people prefer the wireless method anytime all the time. Let’s take a look at how to connect a laptop to the Vizio Smart TV wirelessly.
Connect Laptop to Vizio Smart TV Wirelessly
There are a few ways that can be used to connect to the Vizio Smart TV wirelessly. Let’s take a look at some of these ways.
Connect to Vizio Smart TV via Chromecast
- First, make sure that your laptop and the Vizio Smart TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Now, on your laptop, open up the Google Chrome browser. If you do not have it, you can install it for free.
- With the Chrome browser running, select the three-dot menu at the top right corner of the browser.
- From the menu, you will see an option called Cast. Click on it.
- The Cast tab will now begin to look for wireless displays that are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- When you spot your Vizio Smart TV, select it.
- You will now be given an option to choose to cast between the current tab or tabs and the whole system.
- Choose what suits your need to cast to the TV.
- Once you do not need to cast anything from your laptop to the TV, simply click n Stop Cast to end the session.
Connect to Vizio Smart TV via Miracast
Windows laptops come with Miracast, an alternative to Chromecast that can be used to wirelessly screen or project your laptop’s screen to your Vizio Smart TV. Here is how you can use Miracast to wirelessly connect to the Vizio Smart TV
- Head over to the Action Center that can be accessed from the taskbar.
- Once you open it, you will find the Project tile. Select it.
- You will now see Add Wireless Display. Select this option. But make sure that your laptop and your Vizio Smart TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Once you find your Vizio Smart TV from the list, you can simply select what you wish to do. You have the option to duplicate the display, extended the display, or use the TV as your main display with the laptop screen displaying nothing.
- Alternatively, you can press the Windows + K keys to bring the Cast menu that searches for available wireless displays.
- To stop casting, you can simply disconnect your laptop from the Wi-Fi network or click on the connected device to disconnect from the TV.
- This method works for Windows 10 as well as the new Windows 11.
Other methods to connect laptop to Vizio Smart TV wirelessly
You could always make use of other methods such as using wireless HDMI dongles that are connected to the HDMI ports of the laptop and the TV. But when you have an option of using Chromecast and Miracast directly from your laptop, there is no need of having to buy additional hardware to just connect the two devices wirelessly. You could also make use of Steam Link. But for that, you will need to be having a Steam Link device in the first place and then have a controller paired and connected to your laptop.
These are the two best ways that you can wirelessly connect your laptop to the Vizio Smart TV. Both these ways do not require you to buy any special hardware since these are features that are present within Windows itself. The time taken to be able to connect your laptop to the Vizio Smart TV should take you less than 2 minutes to have everything set up and running right away.
You May Also Like – How to Program DirecTV Remote to Vizio TV
If you still have any query, then drop a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related stuff: