Smart Speakers are now becoming a part of our daily life. Given that we live in a connected world, it only makes more sense to be able to control all of your smart devices easily. There are a number of smart speakers available in the market. One of the better ones out there is the one from Apple. Known as Apple HomePod, these smart speakers can be used to give out various voice commands with the help of Siri. As it is with all Apple products, these devices work the best when used with another Apple device such as an iPhone or even an iPad for that matter. If you are someone that has got new HomePod or HomePod Mini, this is the guide for you on how to connect Apple HomePod to WiFi network.
With the Apple HomePod, you can ask the speaker via Siri to do a ton of things. You can use it as a music speaker, ask it to find your Apple devices, search for content on the web, and even as an alarm clock. But, for all of this to work, the HomePod requires to be connected to a wifi network. So, let’s take a look at how to connect your Apple HomePod to a WiFi network.
- Apple HomePod
- Apple iPhone / iPad
- WiFi Network
- Home App
How to Connect HomePod to WiFi
- On your iPhone or iPad, connect it to the internet either using cellular data or WiFi.
- Now, launch the App Store from your device’s home screen.
- With the App Store open, search for the app called Home. When you find the app from the results, tap on the Get button.
- The Home app will now be downloaded to your iOS device.
- Now connect your Apple HomePod to the power outlet and wait for an audible chime to be played.
- You will also see a pulsing white on the top of the device.
- Now that your device is connected to the WiFi network, launch the Home app.
- Tap on the Add button followed by Add Accessory.
- Tap on the HomePod icon in the app to add it to your Home app.
- To share the WiFi connection to your HomePod, tap and hold the HomePod on the Home app.
- Now, scroll down and tap on the Move HomePod to WiFi Network option.
- Finally, tap on the Done button.
- Your Apple HomePod is now connected to the WiFi network.
- You can follow the same steps to add the HomePod to any other available WiFi network provided your iOS device is also connected to the very same network.
And this is how you can connect your Apple HomePod to any WiFi network. Once the HomePod is connected to the WiFi network, you can go ahead and command it to do whatever you want it to do. If you have any queries regarding connecting the HomePod to the WiFi network, feel free to leave them in the comments below.
More Related Articles: