We use software and apps on a lot of devices. From mobile phones, PCs, and even Smart TVs to watches. Apps have made it easier to access particular content, however, there are many instances if some apps just going out and about to take up as much space as it wants ion your device, especially mobile devices. Facebook is one particular app that takes up a huge amount of space on mobile devices. If you are someone who faces such an issue, here is a guide on how to clear Facebook cache on iPhone and Android devices.
Facebook is one of the most popular social media networks that lets you connect to other people and the world. You can connect in the form of sending messages, group calls and even sharing posts. There might have been certain times when you might have experienced the app behaving a bit weird and not being responsive enough. You think it could be an update that might be needed, but only to find that there is a new update. In this case, clearing the cache comes in super handy. Read on to know how to clear cache on Facebook from iOS and Android devices.
How to Clear Cache on Facebook
There are many reasons why you would need to clear the cache of the Facebook app. You see, the main reason would be storage issues. Apps tend to store kinds of data such as your most visited place or favorite feature that you use on an app. Now, this data can be useful for the app so that it helps it to load up quickly. The downside is that it ends up taking up your device’s storage space. However, there is a way to get rid of such files and don’t worry, it won’t delete any of the user data from the app. This means your signed-in accounts will not be erased.
Clear Facebook App Cache on iPhone
On an iPhone, there are two ways that you can follow to clear the cache of the Facebook app, Both ways are simple and easy to follow.
Method 1: Clear Facebook Cache via the Facebook app
- Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone. If it requires any updates, download the update right away.
- With the app open, tap on the Menu button at the bottom of the app.
- Now tap on Settings and Privacy > Settings.
- Now scroll down all the way down to the Permissions section, then tap on Browser.
- With the Browser Settings page opens, you can now tap on the Clear data option.
- This will now clear off the cache files of different websites you opened via the Facebook app itself.
- Nonetheless, it helps in clearing some of the cache and helps you get back storage.
Method 2: Clear Cache by Uninstalling Facebook App
Since iOS does not let you delete the cache of any particular app manually, the best way to get rid of the cache is by uninstalling the app. Later you can install it again. There are two ways to uninstall the app.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Now, you want to tap on the General option in the Settings app.
- Tap iPhone Storage.
- You will now see all the details of what app is consuming the storage space on your iPhone.
- Scroll through the list till you find Facebook and tap on it.
- Select the Offload App data option.
- In this way, you can delete the cache of the app.
- That’s it.
- You can also uninstall the app by simply touching and holding the app on the home screen of your iPhone.
- Now select the Remove App option.
- Select Delete App.
- Now, tap on Delete to confirm removing the app from your iPhone.
Clear Facebook App Cache on Android
Clearing an app’s cache on an Android device is simple and easy. Here is how you go about clearing the cache of the Facebook Android app.
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Now, you will want to scroll through the Settings app and select the Apps option.
- When you select the Apps option, you can tap on Apps again. (This can vary from OEM to OEM as there are variations as to how the options have been named)
- You will now see the list of all the apps installed on your Android device.
- Scroll through the list till you find Facebook.
- When you do find Facebook, select it.
- Now, you can tap on the Storage option.
- It will now show you the storage used by the app as well as the amount of cache that is stored by the app on your phone.
- Tap on the clear cache button to erase the cache for Facebook on your Android device.
And there you have it. Ways you can follow to clear the cache on Facebook from Android and iOS devices. Yes, it does kind of seem like a bummer that iOS doesn’t have a proper cache clearing option for individual apps. However, you can always uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app to get rid of the cache. Works best if you know the login credentials for your Facebook app or have it saved somewhere.