Everyone wants to have a PC that performs fast. Having to run into slowdowns and other issues are things that annoy PC users. While you could always clear the storage by removing unused programs and files, you could also clear out the cache files. Cache files are nothing but data that is stored on your system which will be used by applications to pull future requests. Clearing cache files on your Windows 11 PC is easy and does not delete any important data from your program. Here is a guide on how to clear cache on Windows 11 PC.
What happens when you clear the cache files of Windows 11? Well, it helps your system to run faster and not get bogged down with the file of cache that keeps growing over time. You will find the cache can sometimes cause a few problems and errors to Windows as well as a few programs which may slowly result in terrible performance as a whole. So, yes, it is good to clear up the cache from Windows as it’s a simple and easy process and has to be done occasionally. Read on to know how you can clear the cache on your Windows 11 PC.
How to clear cache on Windows 11
There are multiple ways that you can follow to clean the cache of your Windows 11 PC. All of these methods are easy and won’t take more than 2 minutes of your time. So go ahead and learn how you can clear the cache files easily.
Clear Windows Temporary files
- Bring up the Run Dialog box by pressing the Windows + R key simultaneously.
- In the text box enter %temp% and hit enter.
- You will now be taken to a folder that will show you a list of files and folders that have been created by multiple applications on your PC.
- To delete the files, simply press the Control and letter A key to select all the contents of the folder.
- Now, press the Delete key on your keyboard. The system will ask you if you wish to delete the contents, select yes.
- It might even ask for administrator access which you can allow.
- And in this way, you can clear the cache from the %Temp% folder.
- You can also repeat this process by replacing %Temp% in the Run box by entering Temp or Prefetch.
- In total, you will have three folders that you can clear the cache files
Clear Cache via Disk Cleanup
The Disk Cleanup utility is a great way to clear off the temporary and cache files from your storage drives. The best part about it is the fact that it is a Windows cleanup tool and it is built right into the Operating System. This means that you do not need to download some sketchy third-party cache cleaning tools for your system.
- Open the start Menu and type in Disk Cleanup. When you spot the app in the results, either click on it or simply press the enter key.
- When the Disk Cleanup windows open, click on the Cleanup System Files button.
- The tool will now search for files and folders and then display a list alongside the amount of space each content is consuming.
- You can either select all or choose to delete what you want.
- You can select Delivery Optimization Files. DirectX Shader Cache, Driver package Details, Temporary Files, and Thumbnails.
- Once you have selected what to delete, simply click on the OK button.
- The cleanup process should now begin and it will now delete the cache files from your Windows 11 PC.
Clear Cache of Windows Store
The Windows Store is a great place for you to get your apps, games, wallpapers, and fonts. Now, there can be times when your Windows 11 Store might not function properly. This is when clearing its cache should fix it up perfectly. To do this, bring up the Run as dialog by pressing the Windows + R key. Now, type in WSReset.exe and hit the enter key.
A black window should pop up and clear up. Your Windows Store cache has been cleared and the Store should be working just fine.
Clear Location Data
When a few apps that require location access are given permission, they store a bit of the location data on your system for many reasons known. Sometimes, you might end up with a few location-related bugs or errors and this is where you should be clearing the cache. Here is you can do this.
- Open the Start Menu and select the Settings app.
- On the left side scroll and select the Privacy and Security option.
- Scroll the right pane till you find the Location option and select it.
- You might now want to scroll down a bit till you find Location History.
- Click on the button that reads Clear. By clicking it, it will clear all the location data that is stored on your system.
- With the location data cleared you should now be having no problems with your location access whatsoever.
And these are a few free ways that you can use to clear the cache files on your Windows 11 PC. Windows 11 makes this better simple and faster without the need of having to install third-party apps or software to get the same job done. Now, if you wish to clear the cache of particular applications, that you will have to go to that particular application’s settings and clear its cache from there. This will vary from application to application. We hope these methods help you in clearing the cache files of your Windows 11 PC.
You May Also Like – How to update drivers on Windows 11
If you still have any query, then leave a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: