Every smart TV out there needs to be taken care of. Whether it’s about software updates or managing internal storage spaces. Taking care of your TVs performance is important. No one likes to see their TV malfunction, lag, or be unresponsive after spending a good amount of money on it. Samsungs smart TVs are susceptible to such issues and at times, it can be very annoying. In today’s guide, we will be looking at how to clear the cache on Samsungs smart TVs.
The cache is nothing but the downloaded files that are used by the apps installed on your TV. While they might have some significant data, it is not very important as such. Clearing or deleting the cache files will not erase or delete your data. It will simply help improve the performance of the TV, and its apps as well as free up storage space. So, if you are having a Samsung smart TV, you can follow this guide to clear the cache.
How to Clear Cache on Samsung Smart TVs
There are plenty of Samsung TV models out there, and a lot of them have different ways to clear the cache files. We have listed different models as well as the steps to clear the cache.
Samsung 2020 Smart TVs (and newer)
- Grab the TV remote and navigate to the Settings menu on your home screen.
- On the left side, scroll and select the Support option.
- Under support, select Device Care.
- The Device Care app will now launch.
- Select the Manage Storage option at the bottom left.
- Now, select the application that you might be facing or having a problem with.
- Once the app has been selected, choose the View Details option.
- Choose the Clear Cache option.
- You will have to perform this step manually for each and every installed app that is causing trouble or malfunctioning.
Samsung 2019 Smart TVs
- Press the Home button on the remote and select Settings from the home screen.
- Select Support from the menu and choose Self Diagnosis.
- Now, scroll and select TV Device manager.
- Under Memory Boost choose the Clean Now button.
- Under the Manage Storage option click on the Show App List to display all installed apps
- Simply highlight and select the app that’s causing issues and select View Details.
- Now, select the Clear Cache button to clear the cache of the app.
Samsung 7 Series Smart TVs
- Open the Settings menu and select Support.
- Under the Support menu, select Self Diagnosis.
- Finally, choose TV Manager and then choose the Memory boost option to clear the RAM.
- In the end, select the Manage Storage option and view all apps.
- Select the problematic app and choose the clear cache option.
- You have now cleared the cache of the app on your Samsung 7 Series TV.
Sasmung MU/M/NU/RU/Q/TU/Q/LS/K/KU/KS and Frame Model TVs
- Press the menu button on the remote and select the Settings menu.
- Under Settings, navigate and select the Broadcasting Hub option.
- Make sure your TV source is set to input.
- Now, select Expert Settings.
- Finally, select HbbTV Settings.
- Now, select the Delete browsing data option.
- The TV will ask to confirm if you wish to delete the data. Confirm it to delete the cache and browsing data from your Samsung TV.
Other Samsung TV Models
In case you are using an older Samsung Smart TV or basic Samsung TV, you might want to perform a reset of your Samsung TV to clear the data as well as cache. Yes, you will be losing all your important data such as apps and logins, and settings, but, it will help in clearing the cache as well as starting your TV fresh. You can perform a reset for your Samsung TV by following this guide.
This concludes the guide on how you can clear the cache on your Samsung TV. Now, newer models of the Samsung Tv are able to easily clear the cache, but if you have the older ones, you can easily choose to perform a soft reset or a hard reset depending on whether you are ok with formatting your TV or not. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.