The PlayStation 5 is the latest and greatest gaming console from Sony. With the console already turning 2 years old, you might have seen a lot of software updates that have brought in even more new features. As such the console looks new and its performance is up to the mark as a new console if not better.
As a PS5 owner, there might have been a good number of times when you’ve spotted that your PS5 is getting slow which can be super annoying. You’ve done everything to fix it up such as clearing up the storage space, installing the latest software updates, installing a high-speed SSD, and even factory resetting the PS5. While all of these methods will give you temporary relief, there’s one thing that a lot of PS5 owners fail to do – clear the cache.
Table of Contents
Let’s take a look at how to clear cache on PlayStation 5.
Why should you clear PS5 Cache?
Well, there’s the build of downloaded files that are stored on your PlayStation 5. With these files increasingly growing in large numbers and at the same time taking up a lot of space, it slows down the PlayStation 5’s performance. And so to remove clutter and speed up the performance, it is required to clear the cache.
Is clearing the cache files of the PlayStation 5 safe?
Yes absolutely! There’s no damage done when clearing up the cache files on a PlayStation 5. These files when deleted will not cause any system issues or errors.
How to Clear Cache On PS5
Now, let’s take a look at the steps required to clear the cache of your PlayStation 5.
- First, you will have to turn off your PlayStation 5. Just switch it off. Do not remove it from the power source or put that switch off.
- Now, press and hold the Power switch (with the power icon) on the PlayStation 5. You will hear two beeps.
- As and when you hear the second beep, connect your PlayStation 5’s controller to the console via the USB cable.
- With the controller connected, you need to press the PS button on your controller.
- You will now see a Menu on your TV screen.
- Using the D-pad on your controller, navigate and select the option that says Clear Cache and Rebuild Database.
- Finally, choose Clear System Software Cache.
- The PlayStation 5’s cache will now be cleared.
And this is how you can quickly clear the cache on PlayStation 5. The process is simple and easy and won’t take much of your time. If you are questioning about losing any sort of data from your PlayStation 5 while clearing the cache, the answer is No.
None of your downloaded games or save data or, for that matter even your settings made to the console will all be safe. When you clear the cache of your PlayStation 5, you are improving the performance by removing the corrupted files from your PlayStation 5’s storage.
This concludes the guide on how you can quickly clear the cache files on your PlayStation 5. The process is simple and easy. In case you have any questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.