Samsung’s range of smart TVs is one of the best out there. They have got TVs with various display technologies and the best part is you can get a TV from Samsung at any price range. Now, Smart TVs are simply not smart. They are smart because they are able to perform various functions and have features that regular TVs do not have. Now, if you take a look at the QLED range of Samsung smart TVs, the display on these models is superb. But, what if I told you, that you can make your Samsung Smart TV into a wall art display?
Select models from the Samsung Smart TV lineup that let you set a screensaver. A screensaver is basically a display mode that is set up to display pictures when the TV is on and is idle. Samsung’s range of Smart TVs that have this screensaver feature call it Ambient Mode. This is a very useful mode that you can manually et your TV to when it’s not being actively used or maybe you want to create a particular mood and environment. Whatever the case may be, here is a guide on how to set up Ambient Mode on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Change Screensaver on Samsung TV
Supported Samsung TVs
Now, not all modes have this Ambient Mode option. So here is a list of all models that have the Ambient Mode option.
- QLED TVs
- Frame TVs
- Terrace TVs
How to enable Ambient Mode
Considering you have a Samsung Smart TV from any of the above models, you will be able to set up Ambient Mode. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Power up the Samsung Smart TV and make sure to grab the TV remote.
- Now, on your TV remote, you will see a button that says Ambient Mode. Press the button.
- There will be a tutorial that you can read through. With the tutorial done, you can click on the option that says Setup Ambient mode.
- You will now be taken to the Ambient Screen settings page.
- Here you can adjust and set up your screen. You can choose from a number of wallpapers on the internet and even adjust things like the shadow, brightness contrast, etc.
These are the Settings that you will find on the Ambient Settings page.
- About Mode.
- Background Theme
- BG Color Tone
- BG R/G//B Gain
- BG Saturation
- Color and Theme
- My Album
- Shadow Effects
- Special Edition
All these elements can be adjusted when you press the down button on your remote. This works only if you have the desired wallpaper set for your TV. The other way to enter the Ambient Mode on your supported Samsung Smart Tv is by pressing the Menu button on the remote and selecting the Ambient Mode option from the Smart Hub screen.
How to Set your own Pictures for Ambient Mode
Do you also know that you can use your own pictures to be displayed on the TV while it is on AMbient Mode? You can follow these steps.
- Launch the SmartThings app on your Android or iOS device.
- Considering that you have paired the Smart TV to your app, tap on the horizontal menu lines at the top left corner.
- Now, tap on the Devices option.
- You will have to select the Samsung TV that you have previously paired the app with.
- Tap on the Ambient Mode option from the list.
- You will see an option that says My Album. Tap on it.
- Choose Photos.
- Now, select the photo or photos that you want to be displayed on your TV when Ambient Mode is enabled.
- Your TV will now display your selected photos when Ambient Mode is enabled.
And this is how you can enable and set up Ambient Mode on select Samsung Smart TVs. Now, not every Samsung Smart TV has this mode, so be sure to check if your TV remote has this button. If it does, you can make the best use of the Ambient Mode for your Smart Tv. Have questions or queries? Feel free to leave them in the comments below.