Smart TVs as well all know are getting better and better. Thanks to technology that was only once available on higher-end expensive TVs have now trickled down to all smart TVs. While you can use your Smart TVs to view content by connecting to a Wi-Fi network, do you also know that you can use it as a large display screen? Yup. If you have a Toshiba Smart TV, you can use it to cast any streaming service app from your smartphone to the TVs display. So, today we will be looking at how to cast Smartphone to Toshiba Smart TV.
Before we begin you need to understand the difference between screen mirroring and casting. When you cast your phone to the TV it means that you are only allowing the TV to mirror content from streaming apps like Netflix etc. The rest of your phone cannot be seen on the TV screen. With screen mirroring you can mirror your phone completely to the TV. No matter what app you decide to open. But you need to know that when you screen mirror, you will not be able to stream services like Netflix, YouTube, etc. So, if you have a Toshiba Smart TV and want to cast your smartphone to it, follow this guide.
How to Cast Smartphone to Toshiba Smart TV
- First, you need to connect your Toshiba smart TV to a Wi-Fi network. You can follow this guide for Toshiba Smart TVs running either Android TV OS or VIDAA OS.
- Now make sure that your Android or iOS device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network. This is important. Or else, how do you expect to wirelessly cast to the TV?
- Once both the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network,
- Launch YouTube or any other streaming app that has the Cast icon on it.
- With the app launched, you will now see the Cast icon on the top. It will have a picture of a screen and a Wi-Fi icon.
- Tap on the Cast icon.
- Your Android or iOS device will now begin to look for wireless displays that it can cast to.
- Once it finds your Toshiba Smart TV, simply tap on the TV’s name.
- You might see a prompt on your Toshiba Smart TV about your device requesting connection permission to cast. Simply approve it and you are good to go.
- You are now casting from your smartphone to the Toshiba Smart TV.
- To stop casting from your Android or iOS device, simply tap on the Cast icon.
- The cast service will be stopped. Select Disconnect and you are done.
And this is how you can cast your Android or iOS device to your Toshiba smart TV. Yes, it is quite useful when you might want to stream something from apps like Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, or similar streaming services. But, if you wish to mirror your smartphone to the Toshiba Smart TV, you can follow this guide on how to do it.