Free trials are a great way to experience how a service will work for you in the long run. The same can be said about a good number of streaming services. This time, we will be taking a look at Hulu. Hulu is a streaming service that lets you stream several movies, shows, and TV Channels. You can check the whole list of channels over here. In this guide, we will be looking at how to cancel Hulu free trial subscription.
Hulu offers its new users a free thirty-day trial on its Ad based and ad-free plans. Trials are not available with the Hulu + Live TV with Disney+ and ESPN+ plans. The reason why people want to use free trials is simply to see how good or bad the service works, what devices it will work perfectly, and how many screens you will be able to stream on. And based on the user experience users can take action either to continue the paid subscription or end the free trial if the service is not suitable for them.
When it comes to canceling the Hulu free trial, it is always best to cancel the subscription before the thirty-day period ends. This is so that you don’t get billed by Hulu as the subscription plan starts when the free trial ends. So, read on to know how you can cancel the free Hulu trial on your device.
Methods to Cancel Hulu Free Trial
There are multiple methods that you can follow to cancel the free trial on Hulu. You can follow any of the given methods that suit best in your case. Now let’s start with the first method.
Method 1: Cancel Hulu Free Trial via Web
One of the easiest ways to cancel the free trial subscription for Hulu is by simply using a web browser. You can follow these steps to cancel your Hulu Free Trial.
- First, launch your favorite web browser on your PC.
- Now, head over to the Hulu website and sign in with the account that you have used to gain the free trial.
- Or, you can simply click on this link to visit the account page for your Hulu account. You will have to sign in if needed.
- Under Your Account section, scroll a bit. You will see the Cancel button.
- Click on the Cancel button. In a few seconds, your Free Hulu trial subscription will be canceled.
- Hulu will also send you an email confirming the cancellation of your free Hulu trial.
Method 2: Cancel Hulu Free Trial Subscription via Hulu Android App
The Android app for Hulu is a great way to stream your shows or movies. But, if you want to cancel your free trial subscription to Hulu using an Android phone, follow these steps.
- Launch the Hulu app on your Android device. Ensure that the app is updated to the latest available version.
- At the bottom of the app, you will see the Account tab. Tap on it.
- Now, tap on the Account option.
- Tap the Cancel option next to where it says Cancel your Subscription.
- You have now canceled your free Hulu trial subscription plan.
Method 3: Cancel Hulu Free Trial via iOS App
On Apple devices, there is no option for you to cancel your Hulu free subscription trial plan through the Hulu app. One way you cancel the subscription on iOS devices is by using the web browser. But, if you have created an account with the same Apple ID that you have used on your iPhone, you can follow these steps.
- Launch Settings and tap on your name.
- Now, tap on Subscriptions.
- Next, browse the list of various subscriptions and select the Hulu subscription.
- Just tap on the button that says Cancel Subscription. Your Hulu free trial subscription plan has now been canceled.
Method 4: Cancel Hulu Free Trial via Roku
Now, this method will only work on your Roku device if and only if you have subscribed to the Hulu free trial on your Roku device. If you have subscribed through any other service, you will not be able to cancel it using your Roku device. Here are the steps.
- Power up your Roku device and grab the remote.
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Navigate over to the Hulu channel on your Roku device.
- With the channel selected, press the Star button on your Roku remote.
- An options menu will now be displayed on your Roku. Select the Manage Subscription option.
- Simply select the Cancel Subscription. A confirmation dialog will now be displayed on your screen.
- Select the Cancel Subscritoppn option and finally on Done.
- The free subscription trial plan for Hulu has now been canceled.
This concludes the various ways you can follow to cancel Hulu free trial. The best way, however, is to simply head over to the Hulu website and cancel your free trial from there. It works on all devices. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.