Xbox has a great way of being able to connect to other Xbox gamers online. With this service, you will be able to chat with your friends and other people who were in the same game as you. However, anyone and everyone can send you a text via Xbox and this can get annoying. It could be in the form of random messages from people that you want to avoid or don’t like and the best you can do is to block them. Today’s guide is all about how you can block and unblock someone on Xbox.
There will always be that one person who plays like a maniac slides in the messages and spams abuses and all the usual nonsense. It could be fine once or twice. But when it crosses the limit, you will do anything to get rid of the person, and that can be done by blocking.
Now, the thing on Xbox is that anybody can send you a message even if they aren’t friends with you. They could simply enter your Gamertag in the search box and text you. For that matter, even spam messages can be spotted on the conversations screen. There can be other reasons to block/unblock people on Xbox. So, read on to know how you can block contacts on Xbox. And sometimes you might just want to unblock someone on Xbox, so you will know this guide too.
How to Block and Unblock Someone on Xbox
Different ways are used to block and unblock contacts on Xbox. You could use the Xbox app and the console to block these people. Here we are going to share both methods. You can follow the one that works in your case.
Block and Unblock Someone on Xbox One and Series X|S
- Power up your Xbox console and press the Xbox button on your controller.
- This will now open up the guide on your Xbox console.
- Now, select the People option and then scroll through the list and decide whom you would like to block.
- Once you have selected the player, visit the profile and then you can select Block.
- You can also unblock the person, by visiting the profile and then clicking on Unblock.
You can even block messages from people who simply send in spam texts.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
- In the guide, scroll and select Parties and Chat.
- Under that, you will have to select Message Requests.
- In the message requests, you will see messages from people who aren’t friends with you on Xbox.
- To block a conversation, first of all, you will need to select the conversation.
- You can now select the More Actions button and then select View Profile.
- Now that you are on the person’s Xbox profile you can select and choose between Report or Block to block the person.
- If you follow the same steps, you will be able to unblock the person as well.
Block and Unblock People on Xbox with the Xbox App
- Download and install the Xbox app for Android or iOS.
- Sign in with your Xbox account in the app.
- Now, in the search bar, type in the person’s gamertag and then select the profile.
- You will see the 3 dots option on their profile. Tap on it.
- In the options list you will see the Block option. Select it to block the person.
- You can unblock the person by visiting the profile and then selecting the Unblock option.
You can also easily block messages from a person. Here is how you do it.
- Once in the Xbox app signed in, simply tap on the Socials tab.
- Next, you will want to select Chats followed by Message Requests.
- Scroll the message requests and then select the conversation that you wish to block.
- Tap on the person’s profile picture and select More Actions.
- From the options, select Block. And that is how you block a person from sending you messages any further.
And in this way, you will be able to block and unblock someone on Xbox along with their messages on Xbox be it the console or the app. It is always best to block spammers and scammers. So, if this guide helps you with getting rid of the annoying messages, let us know in the comment section.