The cellphone is an important device in everyone’s day-to-day life. From sending texts, having phone calls to about using it for almost anything. Cellphones also come with a few negatives such as spam calls, messages, and voicemails. If you are getting an unwanted number of calls from promotional sellers, insurance purchases, scammers, then the only way is to block them. However, it can get even more annoying when you check your voicemail and find tons of unread voicemails from blocked numbers. Today let’s take a look at how to block voicemails from blocked numbers.
It could also be possible that you might have a few people that you personally know sitting on the block list. Even though they might not be able to call you, they can always leave messages in your voicemail inbox. And that is something that you do not want to see or receive at all. Listening to unwanted voicemails is simply a waste of time and space of your voicemail. Fortunately, there are a few ways that you can use to stop blocked numbers from leaving voicemails. Read on to know more.
How to Block Voicemails from Blocked Numbers
So, the main question here is, do voicemails automatically get blocked when you block a contact? The answer is no. Voicemails are usually stored on your carrier’s server and blocking a contact happens on your phone. So yes, voicemails will still reach you even if you have the contact blocked on your device. So, can you block voicemails from blocked numbers? Yes, you can with few methods. But first, let’s check how to block numbers on different devices and make sure you followed the same steps to block any contacts.
Block Contact Numbers on iOS Devices
- On your iOS device, open up the Phone app or the dialer app. Whatever you like to call it.
- Tap on Contacts to bring up the list of contacts you have saved on your phone.
- Now, select the contact that you wish to block.
- With the contact open, scroll a bit down and then tap on Block this Caller.
- You can also block the contact from the Recents and Favorites tab.
- This method works for all iOS devices and iPadOS devices running iOS14.
Block a contact on an Android Device
Now, when it comes to Android devices, OEMs use different kinds of skins for their devices. So, not all devices will have the same way to block a contact, but the method is almost similar. Be it a Samsung device or Xiaomi one. With devices that have stock Android, like Nokia, Motorola, Google Pixel, and a few others, the settings are the same.
Block a contact on a Samsung Galaxy phone
- Open up the Contacts app on your Galaxy device.
- Select the contact that you plan to block.
- Tap on more and then select the Block Contact option.
- Now, tap on Block to confirm blocking the contact. You have now blocked the contact on your Galaxy.
Block a contact on a Google Pixel device
- Open up the Phone app.
- Tap on the three dots and select Call History or Contacts.
- Now tap on the number or three dots next to the number that you wish to block.
- Select the Block or Report Spam option. You have now blocked a contact on your Pixel device.
Block a contact on Huawei or Honor devices
- Open the Contacts app and select the contact that you wish to block.
- Now, tap on the three dots at the bottom of the screen.
- You will now see a list of options popup.
- Simply tap on Block Contact. You have now blocked a contact on your Huawei or Honor device.
Now that you know how to block a contact on various devices, it is now time to stop blocked numbers from leaving voicemails. Since these voicemails are stored on your Carrier’s servers, you will have to get the number blocked at the carrier level itself. By blocking or blacklisting a number, you will no longer receive calls and voicemails from the contact.
Block Voicemails via Verizon Network
Verizon has a Verizon Smart Family plan. The plan will cost $4.99 a month. Using this plan you can permanently block callers whether local or international at up to 20 numbers in all. This plan also lets you block calls, texts, and even voicemails, during a particular time of the day. If you are on Verizon, you can make use of this plan to get rid of voicemails from blocked contacts. You can make sue the Verizon Call Filter app available on Android and iOS.
Block Voicemails on AT&T
AT&T subscribers can make use of the Call Protect app to block calls, texts, and even voicemails. These functions are free to use. If you take the monthly $3.99 plan, then you will be able to block even more types of callers such as political calls, account services, and even private callers. You can get the Call Protect app on iOS and Android for free.
Block calls on T-Mobile and Sprint
Subscribers on T-Mobile and Sprint can use the Scam Shield app. From blocking texts, Calls, and voicemails on your number. If you want additional features a monthly plan of $4 will even let you reverse search numbers and lets you blog a particular category of phone calls as well. Apart from that, you can use a code like #662# which enables the Scam Shield function to your number right away. You can install the Scam Shield app on your Android and iOS devices for free.
Well, you can’t block voicemails from blocked contacts unless you get it done through your carrier. Some people might find it inconvenient and wouldn’t want to use these carrier apps. But then if you want to get rid of the voicemails from blocked contacts, that is the only way to go. Or what you could do is simply avoid checking your voice mailbox and feel good about it.