Xiaomi has started testing MIUI 12 Beta update on Indian and Global units of Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro (dubbed as Mi 9T/9T Pro Globally). Here’s How to apply for MIUI 12 Global Beta testing program.
Last week, Xiaomi announced its newest custom skin MIUI 12 in China. On the very first day, the company has pushed the beta program for a bunch of Xiaomi phones. But, it was limited to the China region only. MIUI 12 brings a flurry of impressive customization features along with new stock wallpapers. And there are many users around the world who are crazy about the Xiaomi new skin. A number of users have already updated their device via MIUI 12 China Beta ROM. But there are many users waiting for the Global Beta ROM. Now, Redmi K20 & K20 Pro users can sign up for the pilot testers program (aka Beta testing program).
If you want to get the taste of MIUI 12 Global Beta ROM, then you need to fill a form shared by the company. Users can apply to the pilot testers program starting from May 6th (9 PM IST) to May 15th (9 PM IST). All these users will get the special OTA update, that pops up your device with MIUI 12 Beta build. As for now, the update is available for only Redmi K20 / K20 Pro (aka Mi 9T / 9T Pro). But we’ll update the article once its available for other models. Before heading over to the steps make sure to take a look at the requirements aka important rules.
- Must be an active member of Mi Community, India.
- Mi Community Moderators & Mi FC Presidents can apply as well.
- Please update your device to the latest Global Stable ROM available for your device before applying.
- ROM updates frequency during the testing program would be based on the development and testing results.
- Must follow all the rules of Mi Community & not leak anything related to the ROM provided to him/her during testing.
- Must not post anything related to the beta team on Social Media, in other sections of the forum, or anywhere outside.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of MIUI, in and out, including Fastboot flashing and unlocking of a bootloader.
- Telegram username submission in the form is a must for related discussions in the respective telegram group, failing which you may be removed from the program.
- The provided ROM will be a pre-release version & not final build and hence it might contain major bugs. If your current device is the daily driver device then we recommend you wait for the full stable ROM rollout.
- Mi Community reserves all the rights to make any changes to the program at any point of time without prior notice.
- Mi Community team holds the final decision on the selection of applied users.
How to Sign Up for MIUI 12 Beta ROM [Global & India]
If you’re using Redmi K20 / K20 Pro or Mi 9T / 9T Pro and want to taste the features of MIUI 12. Then you can join the pilot testers program. Before signing up to the form, make sure to install Telegram on your device. All the information about bugs and fixes will be shared in that group. This is a beta update, which means it may have some bugs, but it works fine for normal usage. Here’s how you can enroll MIUI 12 Global Beta for your smartphone.
- Join this Telegram Group (Link Here)
- Enter details in Google From (Link Here)
- Global (Mi 9T & Mi 9T Pro) users can check this thread
Once done, you’ll get the update via OTA. Before updating your device, make sure to take a complete backup of all data and apps.
You May Also Like – Download MIUI 12 China Beta ROM [for 30+ Phones] & How to Install MIUI 12 China Beta ROM with Google Play Services
If you’ve any queries, make sure to leave the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: