When it comes to gaming consoles, two platforms compete against each other – Sony and Microsoft. Both platforms have their platform-specific games and games that are playable on both platforms.
In this case, it is always ideal to add your friends regardless of the platform as long as the specific game has cross-platform support.
So can you add Xbox friends on your PS5 console? Let’s find out.
Can You Add Xbox Friends to PS5 Console?
While the Sony PlayStation 5 has provisions to link various accounts to your PlayStation 5 console, there is no option for you to add Xbox accounts to your PlayStation 5.
This is understandable since these are two giant rivals in the console gaming space. Just because this option isn’t available, doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world.
You can add Xbox friends on your PS5 console – but differently than you think you normally could. The only sensible way for you to add your Xbox friends on your PlayStation 5 is by adding them to games that have cross-platform support for cross-platform.
So, let’s look at how you can add your Xbox friends on your PS5 across various cross-platform supported games.
Adding Xbox Friends on PS5 via EA Games
Let’s now take a look at how you can add Xbox friends on your PS5 in select EA Games titles that have support for cross-platform. Here is a list of games that support cross-platform
- Apex Legends
- Battlefield 2042
- EA Sports FC 24
- FIFA 23
- Madden NFL 24
- Need for Speed- heat
- Need for Speed- Unbound
- NHL 24
- Rocket Arena
In the case of EA Games titles that have crossplay support, you can follow these steps to link your Xbox and PlayStation accounts and then easily add friends Follow these steps to link your platform accounts to your EA Account.
- On your PC or smartphone, launch your favorite web browser.
- Now, head over to the EA Help Account Sign-in page.
- On the sign-in popup, you will see the list of various platforms at the top.
- Choose the platform you want to sign in to and link with your EA Play account.
- Make sure your friends have also linked their platform accounts to the EA Play account.
- Once all the linking has been done, add these friends on EA Play and you will see these friends in your friend list in the various cross-play. Cross-platform supported games from EA.
Adding Xbox Friends on PS5 via Fortnite
Fortnite is a very popular free-to-play battle royale game that was released in 2017 From day one of the game’s release, Fortnite has had support for cross-play.. This means if you play Fortnite on your PS5 and your friends own an Xbox, you can still play together without any issues. With regard to Fortnite, it is a matter of linking your console platform accounts to your Epic Games account.
- Launch the Fortnite game on your gaming console.
- On the launch screen, you will see a Link An Account button in Yellow. Select the button.
- A code will now be displayed on your screen.
- Make sure to note the code down.
- On your PC or smartphone, launch the web browser and visit this web page.
- On that web page, you will be asked to enter the code that was displayed on your console.
- Once you have entered the code, you will be asked to sign into your Epic Games account.
- Now that you have signed in, you can play Fortnite on your console.
- Make sure that your other Xbox friends also do the same.
- Once they have linked their accounts, you can add them as a friend within Fortnite’s in-game friend feature.
Adding Xbox Friends on PS5 via Activision
The Call of Duty franchise has been one of the best games that have always had a large player base. There have been numerous online multiplayer game modes spread across the various Call of Duty titles. With that being said, Call of Duty and even the very popular Diablo games have support for cross-play. if you want to know how you can add your friend and play together no matter what console platform you are on, you can follow these steps,
- First, you need to ensure that you and your friends have created an Activision account.
- You can click this link to register yourself for an Activision account.
- Once you have created an account as well as verified the account, you will be able to Link your console platform accounts to your Activision account.
- Once signed in with your Activision account in your web browser, click on the Linked Accounts tab on the web page.
- You will see several platforms displayed. Simply click on the Link Account button next to the platform that you wish to link to your Acitivison account.
- You will have to complete the account verification with a code that will be sent to you via your email address.
Once the linking has been done by you as well as your friends, you simply have to add your friends by their Activision account usernames. When they have accepted your friend requests, you will see all your friends who have added you to the friends within the Activision game that has support for cross-platform cross-play. You can then invite your friends to play your favorite games together without any sort of issues.
This concludes the guide on how you can add your Xbox friends to your PS5 console. Sure this is not a direct method to add friends since both platforms do not allow linking platform accounts to each other.
However, with more and more games getting support for cross-play, it will surely become easier to add friends who play on other platforms provided you and your friends have accounts for the specified game that has support for cross-play.
- How to Charge Sony PS5 Controller
- How to Fix Xbox One Won’t Turn On But Makes Sound
- How to use Alexa as Speaker for TV, PlayStation, and Xbox
- How Much Power Does the Sony PS5 Consume
- How to Set Up PlayStation Portal For Remote Play with PS5
- How to Use PlayStation’s Remote Play on any Device
- Can you Change Wallpaper and Theme on PlayStation 5?
- How to turn on PlayStation 5 using Discord
- How To Use Discord Voice Chat On PlayStation 5