Android has always been about bringing a better user experience and improving the privacy of its users. Just a few days ago, Google has officially released the Android 12 for pixel phones. Now other smartphone OEMs are slowly rolling out the new OS for their phones as well. Android 12 does bring in a ton of new features, including a revamped UI for widgets and the notification panel. Well, it does feel too good to have a new look when it comes to a major OS update. Now, many like to customize their Android home screens with widgets. Here is a guide on how to add widgets on your Android 12 home screen.
Widgets are an extremely useful shortcut and one of the biggest attractions of Android 12, that displays some information from an app. Meaning that you can see the information that you need right from your screen without opening the app. There are plenty of widgets available for a person to choose from depending on the app. You can choose from built-in system widgets or third-party widgets. These widgets can also be customized and adjusted to your taste. Read on to know how to add widgets to the home screen on Android 12.
How to Add Widgets to Android 12 Home screen
- Select a home screen that you wish to add a widget to. Now, tap and hold an empty space on the home screen.
- Tap on the Widgets option on your screen.
- You will now get to see a wide range of Widgets that are available for you to choose from.
- Choose the widget from app which you want to add to your home screen.
- Once you have decided what widget you want to add, tap on it.
- You can now slide the widget on your home screen to place it where you want it.
- That’s it.
Adjust Widgets on Android 12 Home screen
There could be a possibility that the widgets you just added to your home screen might not be perfect. It could be like it isn’t the right size and it could be looking too big or too small. Android also lets you adjust the size of your widgets on your home screen.
- Tap and hold the widget on your home screen that you wish to adjust.
- Release the widget. If there are white outlines around it, the widget can be adjusted.
- Tap on the dots and drag them to resize the widget.
- Once you are satisfied with the size of the widget, simply tap anywhere on the screen.
- You have now adjusted the widget on your home screen.
Remove Widgets from Android 12 Home screen
While having widgets on your screen might be good, there are a few people that might want to remove the widget. It could be that they have no use for the widget, or they just decided to have an empty home screen.
- Navigate to the home screen on which the widget has been placed.
- Tap and hold on to the widget that you wish to remove.
- Now, drag the widget and slide it to the top, and remove it.
- Some devices will have an X on the widget itself to help let you remove it from the screen.
- Apart from removing the widget from your home screen, you will also see the option to uninstall the widget right away. This will vary from device to device.
Third-Party Widgets on Android 12
Now, if you don’t like the widgets that come prebuilt with your system, you can always make use of third-party widgets. For that matter, a few apps will also have widgets that you can use. If you are the kind that enjoys customizing your Android home screen, you can make use of KWGT an app that lets you install a ton of customizable widgets. There are various free and paid widgets for you to choose from. You can customize every aspect of the widget as well.
And that is how you can add widgets to your home screen in Android 12. Widgets have always been improved upon with every version of Android. And with Android 12, they get even better.
You May Also Like – How to get Android 12 Widgets on any Android
Are you excited to explore the new Android 12 widgets? What are your favorite widgets to install on Android? Let us know them in the comments below.
More Related Articles: