HMD Global announced the Android 13 update for Nokia G10, Nokia G20, and Nokia X30 5G earlier this week. Today, the company has started rolling out the new update to another G-series smartphone – the Nokia G60 5G. Yes, the Android 13 update is finally available for the Nokia G60 5G. Read along to know more details about the new update.
Nokia G60 5G starts getting the new software with the V2.260 version number. HMD Global released the Nokia G60 in September last year with Android 12. Now is the time for the first major OS upgrade, weighing around 2.44GB in size. As it is a major upgrade, it requires a big chunk of data for downloading. I suggest you connect your phone to a WiFi network to quickly install the update.
At the moment, the update is seeding in Finland and will also be available in other countries in a matter of time. The information has been shared on a Finnish blog (suomimobiili), here’s the screenshot of the changelog.
In terms of changes, the Nokia G60 Android 13 update is rolling with features such as Material You support for third-party app icons, improved quick settings and notification layout, improved digital wellbeing, clipboard history improvements, per app language preference, and more. It will also bump up the security patch to March 2023.
Here’s the complete changelog coming with the new update (Translated in English).
- Themed App Icons – Customize your phone to your personal style. Set more apps – not just Google apps – to match your phone’s wallpaper tint and colors.
- Photo Picker – Instead of sharing your entire media library with apps, you can select only the photos and videos they’ll need to access.
- Notification Permissions – Now, the apps you download need your permission to send notifications, helping you proactively protect your time and attention span.
- New Media Controls – Android 13 comes with a new media player that puts album artwork on full display and features a dancing playback bar.
- Google Security Patch: 2023-03
- *Works with Compatible apps
If you own the Nokia G60 5G, then you may have already received the OTA notification on your phone, else, you can navigate to Settings > System > System Update, if the update is not available, then wait for a few days.
Before updating your phone, make sure to charge it to at least 50% and also take a backup of important data.