HMD Global has started rolling out the new Android 13 update for Nokia G10. The update is already available for two G-series phones – the Nokia G20 and the Nokia G50. And now is the time for the third phone – the Nokia G10. Obviously, the upgrade is seeding with a flurry of new features and changes. Read along to know all details about Nokia G10 Android 13 update.
Nokia G10 starts getting the new software with the V3.300 version number. As it is a major upgrade, it weighs around 1.87GB in size, so make sure you have enough storage on your device. I suggest you connect your phone to a WiFi network to quickly install the update. At the moment, the update is in a rolling phase and will be available to everyone in a matter of time.
In terms of changes, the Nokia G10 Android 13 update bags a number of cool features. The list includes Material You support for third-party app icons, improved quick settings and notification layout, improved digital wellbeing, clipboard history improvements, per app language preference, and more. It will also bump up the security patch version to March 2023.
Here’s the complete changelog coming with the new update.
- Themed App Icons – Customize your phone to your personal style. Set more apps – not just Google apps – to match your phone’s wallpaper tint and colors.
- Photo Picker – Instead of sharing your entire media library with apps, you can select only the photos and videos they’ll need to access.
- Notification Permissions – Now, the apps you download need your permission to send notifications, helping you proactively protect your time and attention span.
- New Media Controls – Android 13 comes with a new media player that puts album artwork on full display and features a dancing playback bar.
- Google Security Patch: 2023-03
- *Works with Compatible apps
If you own the Nokia G10, then you may have already received the OTA notification on your phone, else, you can navigate to Settings > System > System Update, if the update is not available, then wait for a few days.
Before updating your phone, make sure to charge it to at least 50% and also take a backup of important data.