Google has just released the monthly incremental update for Pixel phones. The new update goes live for all eligible models, including the newly released Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro. This month’s incremental upgrade knocks up the Pixel phones with a couple of bug fixes, improvements, and a newer monthly security patch. If you own a Pixel 4a or newer model, then read along to know all details about the latest software update.
This month’s release addresses the battery consumption issue on the Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, and Pixel 6a. While if you own the new Pixel 7 or Pixel 7 Pro, then updating to this build will fix the green flicker display issue, fix the Photos app crashing issue, and also bring optimizations for display power consumption.
Following the previous trends, Google officially shared the release notes and build details on the Pixel support page. And as per the details, the update is labeled with TP1A.221105.002 for the Pixel 4a, 4a 5G, Pixel 5, 5a 5G, Pixel 6, 6a, and Pixel 6 Pro. Whereas the Pixel 7 and 7 Pro received the update with the TD1A.221105.001 build number, if you own Verizon’s carried-locked model in the US, then the firmware version is TD1A.221105.003.
Let’s take a look at the release notes coming with the new update.
Google Pixel November 2022 update – What’s New
- The November 2022 update includes bug fixes and improvements for Pixel users – see below for details.
- Battery & Charging
- Fix for issue causing increased power consumption while certain apps installed [Pixel 6, Pixel 6a, Pixel 6 Pro]
- Display & Graphics
- Fix for issue occasionally causing green display flicker in in certain conditions [Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro]
- Optimizations for display power consumption to improve thermal performance in certain conditions [Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro]
- Fix for issue occasionally causing Photos app to crash when using certain editing features [Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro]
If you own a Pixel 4a or newer model, then you can update your phone to the newer version. The update is rolling in a staged manner, you will receive the November 2022 update OTA notification once available on your device, you can tap on it and download the update or simply head over to the Settings > System > Advanced > System update and install the new software.
Additionally, you can manually install the November 2022 update on your Google Pixel phone by sideloading the update. The factory images and OTA files of the September update are already available. But make sure to take a backup before sideloading the new software.
- Download Google Pixel 7 (Pro) Wallpapers
- How to enable Cough and Snore Detection on Google Pixel 7 Series
- How to Root Google Pixel 7 Pro and Unlock Bootloader
- How to use Face Unlock on Pixel 7 & Pixel 7 Pro
- Tips to Increase Battery Life on Google Pixel 7 Pro