Are you someone that uses Google Maps on a regular basis while traveling? Well, Google has just released a new update to its Maps service. Now, when you input your starting and destination points into Google Maps, you will not only be displayed the route but also the toll charges if applicable along the route.
This is an extremely great feature as it helps you in keeping aside some cash or balance in your online wallet just for the toll gates when you are traveling. The great part about this new update is that Google Maps will also show you a route that has no tolls. So you can avoid the toll by choosing alternate routes if available.
The toll prices have been sourced from local toll authorities, thus ensuring that you are shown an estimated amount that you will have to pay at each toll. Apart from that various other factors such as time, day of the week and even if you have a toll pass or not are taken into consideration. With all this data Google maps will give you an estimate of what you will have to pay at the toll gates.
This new Google Map feature update is currently available for users in India, Indonesia, and also for the United States of America. Android and iOS users in these regions will be able to make use of the new feature. Google has stated that the new feature will slowly be rolled out to users from countries.
The best part about this update is that you can choose to let Google Maps show you toll routes or not. Here is how you can enable this option.
- First, make sure that your Google Maps app is updated to the latest version.
- Now, launch the app and tap on your profile icon at the top right corner.
- Choose Settings from the menu that is displayed.
- Scroll down and tap on Navigation Settings.
- With the Navigation Settings page open, scroll down.
- Under the Route Options header, you can tap on the toggle that says Avoid Toll Roads. Tap on the toggle to switch it on or leave it to keep the feature off.
- Just below Route Options, you will see an option that says Toll Prices.
- Tap on the toggle to let Google Maps display the toll price, or leave it off if you don’t want to see toll prices.
And that is how you can tell Google Maps to show you toll routes and prices if you want. Now, the feature is live for users in India, Indonesia, and the United States of America. If you reside in any one of the above countries, make sure to update the Google Maps app to the latest version on Android as well as on iOS devices to enjoy the new helpful feature.