File Explorer comes inbuilt with Windows OS which is necessary to access Files on drives. Earlier it was known as Windows Explorer and after some upgrades over the years, it renamed as File Explorer. Without File explorer, we can not do anything much on Windows PC. And earlier this week when I opened File Explorer I found a problem. It redirects me to a web page where it searches for term Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 automatically.
And luckily I found out why this weird error occurred. The solution was too easy and I decided to share with you because it is a common error that anyone can face. So if you have this issue then you are at right place. Also if you want to know how to Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 then here you will learn about it. Also, we are going to Post some FAQs that will solve your most of the questions.
- Fix Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10
- How to Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10
- FAQs about File Explorer
How to customize Quick access
How OneDrive works in Windows 10
Where are my Libraries
File Explorer Shortcut keys on Windows 10
So if you want to know about any specific topic from these three the directly jump to the topic. I hope you will get what you are looking for.
Fix Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10
So as I told you that I already encountered with this error. And the problem was that one function key in keyboard was stuck so when I open File explorer it directly leads me to the default browser. Let’s get first to start fixing this error.
1) Check for Sticky and Stuck Keys
Whenever you encounter this error first check your keyboard that every key is working fine. And make sure none of the keys are stuck. The F1 function key is the shortcut to open Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10, so most importantly check the F1 key. This could be a very serious problem. Like if you are Starting your PC and then it will directly open boot option. So make sure to fix it as soon as possible to get rid of these problems.
How to Check Keyboard is Working Properly or Not
- Go to keyboardtester.com.
- And then click on Launch the Tester.
- A new window will open with keyboard structure.
- Then press any key it will appear as Green. But if you are haven’t pressed any key and still, any key is in green then it means that key is stuck. It might be F1 key in your case.
How to Solve Keyboard Key Stuck Problem
- Download and Install MapKeboard (you can use other software which can disable any specific key).
- Open MapKeyboard and click on the key you want to disable.
- After clicking the specific key. From left bottom in ‘Remap selected key‘ section select Disabled instead of that key.
- Then click ‘Save layout’ and reboot your PC.
- Or you can repair the key that is Stuck.
If you are using Laptop keyboard and it’s not working. Then try How to Fix Laptop’s Keyboard is Not Working.
2) Remove Malware
The problem may be caused due to infected by some malware which always tries to open something on your browser. So this could be very dangerous for your data on the drive or on browsers. So make sure to remove malware to not go to search Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10. This way you can also solve other malware issues. You can check top malware removal tools that you can use. Make sure to stay safe from Threats.
Procedure to Remove Malware from Windows Defender
- Go to settings on your Windows 10.
- Then select Update & security. Under Update & Security go to Windows Defender.
- Now click on Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Under Security open Virus & Threat protection and click on Advance scan.
- Now select Full scan after that Click on Scan Now.
- Wait for completion and then it will provide a full result.
Check the result and see if it cleared all the threats. Then Restart your PC and you will see no error like automatically search get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10. So these are the two solutions to fix the error. If you still have the same problem then comment, we will try to fix it.
How to Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10
Now here I will tell you two ways on how you can go to Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 and get help regarding all the File Explorer stuff. This is so easy and useful so let’s jump straight to the topic.
1) Using F1 Function Key
If you want to get help about File Explorer on Windows 10 then you can follow these following steps:
- Open File Explorer on your Windows 10.
- Then just press F1 Function key to search Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10.
- Then you will find everything regarding File Explorer.
F1 is the key used to open help page in most of the App and software. So if you want to go to help page just open it and press F1 key.
2) Using Help Icon
Other than F1 key you can use the help icon from file explorer to open Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 page. Here is how to access Help icon:
- Open File Explorer on PC.
- Then look at Top right corner below cross icon, you will see an Icon with a question mark.
- That icon is for help so press on the icon and access the page.
- Now you can get any help about File Explorer on Windows 10.
Also Read | How to Speed up your Slow Running PC
FAQs about File Explorer
If you want help regarding File Explorer than check out this section. Here we have covered most frequently asked questions by users. If you read this section then you don’t need to go to the help page.
1) How to customize Quick access
Quick Access is a feature which you find on File Explorer. It contains all the file location which you can access without going to that location. Just click on any of the Folder or files listed on Quick Access and boom you are there in seconds. It is very useful when you access regularly to any file location.
You can also open these locations directly from the Taskbar. Just Right click on File Explorer icon in the taskbar and click on any Quick Access location.
How to Add any location to Quick Access
Let’s take an example like we want to add program file folder to Quick Access. Follow the steps to get it quick.
- Go to the location of the Folder that you want to add to Quick Access.
- Then Right click on that folder and select Pin to Quick Access.
- Now it will appear under the Quick Access.
How to Remove any location to Quick Access
To remove any pinned location from Quick Access follow the following steps:
- From Left side under Quick Access select any folder.
- Then Right click on it and click on Unpin from Quick Access.
- That’s it.
This is how you can customize Quick Access in File Explorer.
2) How OneDrive works in Windows 10
OneDrive is a Microsoft service that stores data on Cloud, which can be further accessed through any computer. Microsoft had added this features for the ease of their customer. It is handy to use in File Explorer. You can apply any action like copy, paste, delete etc.
First of all, make sure that you are login in OneDrive. Then after you can access the One Drive. When you sign in to OneDrive it will list all the folders and files that you uploaded on it. Then you can modify your data directly from the File Explorer.
How to Add Data on OneDrive
- Select and copy a folder or file you want to upload in OneDrive.
- Then paste on a folder in OneDrive or directly to the OneDrive.
- You can also drag and drop file and folder.
- Now you can access these folders and file from anywhere you log in.
How to Remove data from OneDrive
- Go to OneDrive location in File Explorer.
- And select any folder or file you want to delete.
- Then delete the file and folder.
Remember the file or folder you add on OneDrive location. You can access it without the Internet if it gets loaded once.
3) Where are my Libraries
By default, Libraries are not in Navigation Panel. So you need to make it visible on the Navigation Pane to access Libraries.
- Open File Explorer and go to View Tab.
- Then Click on the navigation pane.
- And then click show Libraries.
- Now in Navigation Pane Libraries will be added.
- Expand it and access it.
4) File Explorer Shortcut keys on Windows 10
These are the shortcuts that you can use on File Explorer in Windows 10.
- F1 – To search Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10
- F11 – Maximize or minimize the active window
- Alt + D – Select the address bar
- Alt + P – Display the preview panel
- Alt + Enter – Open the Properties dialog box for the selected item
- Alt + Right arrow – View the next folder
- Alt + Up arrow – View the folder that the folder was in
- Alt + Left arrow – View the previous folder
- Ctrl + E – Select the search box
- Ctrl + F – Select the search box
- Ctrl + N – Open a new window
- Ctrl + W – Close the active window
- Ctrl + mouse scroll wheel – Change the size and appearance of file and folder icons
- Ctrl + Shift + E – Display all folders above the selected folder
- Ctrl + Shift + N – Create a new folder
- Num Lock + Asterisk (*) – Display all subfolders under the selected folder
- Num Lock + Plus (+) – Display the contents of the selected folder
- Num Lock + Minus (-) – Collapse the selected folder
- Backspace – View the previous folder
- Right arrow – Display the current selection (if it’s collapsed), or select the first subfolder
- Left arrow – Collapse the current selection (if it’s expanded), or select the folder that the folder was in
- End – Display the bottom of the active window
- Home – Display the top of the active window
This is all about Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10. So if you were looking for any of the three-part that we mentioned, I hope you are satisfied with it. That’s all in this post, if you have any problem regarding Android, Windows then you can ask on comment or use facebook.