Cloud gaming is continuing to grow and it’s only getting better every day. Nvidia’s GeForce NOW is an excellent cloud gaming service that offers you the most number of games to play on any device that has a web browser. Now, if you are someone that uses an Android device, and in particular, a device that has a 120Hz refresh rate display, there’s some good news for you. 120FPS streaming is now available for 120Hz phones. Here is a guide on how to get 120FPS in GeForce Now on Android phones.
Now, we all know that there is a free version of GeForce NOW available for users to play, but the drawbacks are that you have a shorter duration and you won’t be able to make use of the higher-performing graphics cards. But now with the 120 FPS feature enabled, this feature is only reserved for those who have a certain kind of subscription to GeForce NOW. So, if you plan to get the paid subscription and have an Android device with a higher refresh rate, here’s some info on how to get 120FPS on GeForce Now.
How to Enable GeForce NOW 120FPS on Android
- GeForce RTX 3080 membership plan
- Android phone with 120Hz display
- 15 Mbps Internet connection for 720p 120 FPS or 25 Mbps for 1080p 120 FPS
- GeForce NOW Android app
Subscribe to RTX 3080 Membership Plan
- Open your web browser on your mobile device and head over to this page.
- Now, choose the RTX 3080 Membership between the one-month plan or the six-month plan.
- The one-month plan will cost you $19.99 a month and $99.99 for six months.
- Once you have selected the plan, you can use your credit card to make the purchase.
RTX 3080 Membership Details
3080 membership Plan Details
- Get an RTX 3080 equipped rig with RTX enabled.
- All exclusive access to RTX 3080 servers
- Eight-hour gaming sessions.
- Play up to 4K resolution
- Get up to 120 FPS
Before you go ahead to purchase the 3080 membership plan, you need to know that this plan is only available in limited regions for now.
- US Central
- US East
- US Midwest
- US Northwest
- US South
- US Southeast
- US Southwest
- US West
- EU Southeast
- EU Northeast
- EU Central
- EU Southwest
- EU West
Supported Android Devices
Now, let’s take a look at the official list of supported devices that have been revealed by Nvidia. Do note that if you don’t see a device that has 120 FPS, do not worry as it will work just fine on your device.
- Asus ROG 5 Series
- Galaxy Z Flip 3
- Galaxy Z Fold 3
- Google Pixel 6 Pro
- One Plus 9 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S22, S22+ and S22 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7, S7+
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S8, S8+, S8 Ultra
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
- Xiaomi Mi 11
Enable 120 FPS on GeForce NOW App
- Ensure that you are running the latest version of the GeForce NOW app on your device.
- Sign in with the account that is subscribed to the 3080 membership plan.
- Now, launch the app and tap on the Settings option.
- Select GeForce NOW and then finally Stream Quality.
- Set the frame rate as 120 FPS.
- Ensure that your device has the 120 Hz refresh rate enabled.
- Save your changes and you should now be able to play supported games at 120 FPS via GeForce NOW.
And this is how you can get 120 FPS gameplay on Android via GeForce NOW provided that you are subscribed to the 3080 Membership plan. We do hope that the 3080 membership plan is slowly made available to other regions and also GeForce NOW slowly expands to other countries around the world. If you’ve got the 3080 membership plan and a 120Hz display device, share your experience in the comments below.