Samsung is actively rolling out the One UI 4.1.1 to its Galaxy phones. This week a couple of Samsung Galaxy including the Galaxy Z Fold 2 already received the Android 12L based update. And now Galaxy Tab S6 and Tab S6 Lite are also receiving the One UI 4.1.1 with a bunch of new features.
With the update, Galaxy Tab S6 receives August Security Patch, while the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite receives the latest September 2022 Security patch.
The One UI 4.1.1 update focuses on improving the performance of tablets and foldables. This is the reason why many foldables and tablets have received the new update recently. The same case is with Galaxy Tab S6 and Galaxy Tab S6 Lite.
The update for Galaxy Tab S6 (WiFi/LTE/5G) is rolling out with firmware build T86xXXU4DVH2 in multiple regions like Germany and South Korea. Also, it will be available in the remaining regions soon. Whereas the update for the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (LTE) is going live in France with firmware build P615XXU4EVI1. And it is expected to reach other regions soon.
Now coming to changes the new One UI 4.1.1 is focused on multitasking and brings improvements such as opening pair apps quickly, easily switching from pop-up view to split screen, changing view with gestures, and more. You can check the full changelog below.
- Switch between apps quickly
- A taskbar now appears at the bottom of the screen for quicker navigation between apps.
- Quickly open apps in split screen or a pop-up window
- Drag apps from the taskbar or Recents screen to open them however is most convenient for you. Drag to the top, bottom, left, or right edge of the screen to open in split screen. Drag to the center of the screen to open in a pop-up.
- Open app pairs quickly
- Pair apps that you often use together, then add them to the Home screen or taskbar so you can open them in split screen with just a single tap.
- Easily switch from pop-up view to split screen
- When you’re using an app in pop-up view, just tap the split screen button inside the window handle. You’ll be able to choose a second app to open alongside of it.
- Change your view with a gesture
- Switch from full screen to split screen view by swiping inward with two fingers from the left side, right side, or bottom of the screen. Switch from full screen to pop-up view by swiping inward with one finger from either corner at the top of the screen. Gestures can be turned on or off in Settings.
- Show app names in the Apps edge panel
- Turn on Show app names to make app names appear below the app icons.
Extract and scan text
- Extract text from any image or screen
- Extract text using Samsung Keyboard, Internet, Gallery, or whenever you take a screenshot. Paste the result into a message, email, or document instead of typing.
- Korean, English, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Spanish, and Chinese text can be extracted.
- Get suggestions based on text in images
- When text appears in an image in Gallery, Camera, or other apps, actions will be recommended based on the text. For example, if you take a picture of a sign with a phone number or web address on it, you can tap to call the number or visit the site.
New calling options
- Easily see who’s calling
- Set a different call background for each contact so you easily see who’s calling with just a quick glance.
- Video calls with Google Meet
- Google Duo has been merged with Google Meet. You can now join 1:1 video calls as well as group video conferences all in one place with Google Meet.
Express yourself with Samsung Keyboard
- Rearrange expression buttons
- Touch and hold the emoji, sticker, and other buttons to rearrange them.
- Enter kaomoji directly from the keyboard
- Spice up your chats and texts with preset Japanese-style facial expressions created using keyboard symbols. (^.^)
- More powerful search in My Files
- Choose whether to search all files or only files in the current folder. You can also choose between searching only file names or searching information inside of files, such as text in documents or location information in images. When your search is complete, you can sort the results by name, date, size, or file type.
- Drag and drop bookmarks between folders
- Keep your Samsung Internet bookmarks organized by dragging and dropping them between folders.
- Edit your Lock screen wallpaper collection
- After selecting a group of images to use for your Lock screen wallpaper, you can easily add or remove images later.
If you are a Galaxy Tab S6 or Tab S6 Lite user in mentioned countries, then you will receive the OTA update on your device. Since it is a staged rollout, the update can also take more than a week. You can check for the update manually by going to Settings > Software Update. Once the update is available tap the Download and Install button.
Before upgrading your device, make sure to take a full backup of your device and charge it to at least 50%.
- Samsung releases Android 12L (One UI 4.1.1) update for Galaxy Tab S7 series
- How to Remove Bloatware from Samsung Phones [without Root & PC]
- How to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 [2 Methods]