Samsung has already rolled out the One UI 4.1 update to premium Galaxy S-series, Note series, Z series, and select A-series phones. Now the company has released the upgrade for one more Galaxy A-series smartphone, this one is from 2020, I am talking about the Galaxy A42 5G. Aside from the One UI 4.1, Samsung has started rolling out the One UI 4 based Android 12 update for Galaxy A90 5G. Here’s everything you need to know about the new updates.
For Galaxy A42 5G, the One UI 4.1 build is labeled with the A426BXXU3DVC2 software version and currently rolling in Italy, wider rollout should be expected in the coming days. Talking about the Galaxy A90 5G, then Samsung is seeding the new software with the A908NKSU4EVC1 version number in its mainland South Korea. Obviously, it will join more regions in a few days.
The two above-mentioned updates are the big updates, which simply means, it requires a decent amount of data for downloading. You can connect your phone to a WiFi connection for faster downloading. Before moving to the features, the new builds are tagged with March 2022 monthly security patch. At the time of writing, the Galaxy A90 5G Android 12 update’s changelog is not available to us. But if you’re a Galaxy A42 5G user and want to check the new features coming in this build, then here’s the full changelog shared in OTA.
Samsung Galaxy A42 5G One UI 4.1 update – Changelog
- Add portrait effects: You can now add background blur to any picture with a person in view.
- Portrait relighting: Adjust the lighting for portraits, even after you’ve taken them, to make sure you always get the perfect shot.
- Convert unnecessary motion photos to still images: Save storage space by converting motion photos to still images. Gallery will suggest pictures where motion isn’t necessary, such as documents.
- Share albums as links: No need to invite people to shared albums individually anymore. Just create a link that can be shared with anyone, even if they don’t have a Samsung account or Galaxy device.
- All your invitations together: Easily accept invitations to shared albums, even if you miss the notifications. Invitations that you haven’t responded to yet will appear at the top of your shared album list.
- AR Zone
- Express yourself like never before in augmented reality. Create your own emojis, stickers, doodles, and more.
- More decorations for your emoji stickers: Show your own unique style by adding GIFs from Tenor as decorations for your custom AR emoji stickers.
- Background colors in mask mode: Keep the focus on your AR emoji while wearing it as a mask. Choose from a variety of colors to use as your background.
- Google Duo
- Stay in touch with high-quality video calls. One UI brings you exclusive features.
- Do more during video calls: You can share another app’s screen during a video call in Google Duo. Watch YouTube together, share photos, explore maps, and more.
- Join Video calls in presentation mode: During a video call on your phone, you can join the same call on your tablet in presentation mode. Your tablet’s screen will be shared with other participants while audio and video continue on your phone.
- Samsung Health
- Get deeper insights into your health and enhanced exercise tracking in the latest version of Samsung Health.
- Get insights about your body composition: Set targets for your weight, body fat percentage, and skeletal muscle mass. You’ll get tips for reaching your goals.
- Build better sleep habits: Track your sleep and get coaching based on your sleep patterns.
- Enhanced exercise tracking: On your Galaxy Watch4, you can set interval training targets before you start running or cycling. You’ll get a report on your phone when you’re finished. Your watch can also give information about sweat loss when you run and heart rate recovery for aerobic workouts.
- Smart Switch
- Transfer contacts, photos, messages, and settings from an old phone or tablet to your new Galaxy. One UI 4.1 lets you transfer more than ever.
- More Transfer options: You’ll get 3 options when transferring content to your new Galaxy. You can choose to transfer everything, transfer just your accounts, contacts, calls, and messages, or go Custom to choose exactly what you want to transfer.
- SmartThings Find
- Find your phone, tablet, watch, earbuds, and more with SmartThings Find.
- Get notified when you leave something behind: Make lost belongings a thing of the past. You can choose to get alerts whenever your Galaxy SmartTag is too far away to connect to your phone.
- Find a lost device together: You can share the location of your devices with others. If a device gets lost, you can get help from another person to scan for it nearby.
- One UI 4.1 gives you even more ways to share with others.
- Share your Wi-Fi Network: Use Quick Share to share your current Wi-Fi network with someone else. The person you share with will be able to connect automatically without entering the password.
- Include editing history when you share pictures and videos: When you share pictures and videos with Quick Share, you can include the complete editing history so the receiver can see what’s changed or revert back to the original.
- More features and improvements
- Color pallete: Customize your phone with unique colors based on your wallpaper. Your custom color palette now appears in more apps, including apps provided by Google.
- Add emojis to your Calendar: In addition to stickers, you can now add emojis to a date on your calendar to express your feelings.
- Take quick notes while you browse: Keep track of your sources with new clipping options for Samsung Notes. You can include content from Samsung Internet or Gallery when you create a note using the quick panel or the Tasks edge panel.
- Choose apps for text correction in Samsung Keyboard: Choose which apps you want to get automatic text corrections in. Turn it on for writing apps to keep your spelling and grammar in check, and turn it off for texting apps where you want to be less formal.
- More widely available keyboard options: Keyboard layouts, input methods, and features for specific languages are now available in more regions, so you can type easily no matter where you are. You can always switch back to your previous layout in Settings.
- Customize your virtual Memory: Choose the size of your phone’s virtual memory with RAM Plus in Device care. Go with more to boost performance or less to save storage space.
- Game optimization service: CPU/GPU performance during early stages of gameplay will not be limited. (A performance management feature based on device temperature will be maintained.) The “Alternate game performance management mode” in Game Booster will be provided. 3rd party apps to bypass the Game Optimizing Service will be allowed.
- Some apps will need to be updated separately after the One UI 4.1 update.
If you are using the Galaxy A42 5G or Galaxy A90 5G, then you may have already received the update. If not then you can expect the update in a few days as it is a phased rollout that takes time to be available on all devices. You can check for the update manually by going to Settings > Software Update.
You May Also Like – Download Samsung Galaxy A73 Wallpapers [FHD+ Resolution]
If you’ve any queries, then let us know in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.
- Download Samsung Galaxy A23 Wallpapers
- 10 Best Samsung Themes for your Galaxy Smartphone
- One UI 4.0 Features, Release Date, and More
- Download Samsung Galaxy A33 5G Wallpapers