The number one choice of platform for those who chose to stream is Twitch. Be it gaming, education, tutorials, or even talk shows, Twitch is the go-to place. Apart from just streaming and uploading content, Twitch also lets you make use of mods for various games such as Minecraft and WoW. But sometimes the Twitch mods tab doesn’t load. And so, we are here with the guide to fix Twitch Mods Tab Not Loading.
Twitch is a big platform with over 2.2 million content creators and 15 million active users. The platform is on its way to becoming an even bigger and major earning platform for many streamers altogether. Now since it’s software, there can always be an issue with it which brings us to today’s topic on how to fix Twitch mods not loading.
Such an error might show up and you might not know what to do. There could be many reasons as to why this error occurs such as incorrect installations, firewall issues, or maybe even internet connectivity issues. Here we are going to share a few methods to resolve the Twitch mods not working issue on Windows.
Fix Twitch Mods Not Loading
Method 1: Log out of Twitch
The first and foremost thing that would make any sense is to log out and re-login the Twitch account. Logging out is quite easy and this is how you do it.
Steps to Re-login:
- First, open the Twitch Desktop application.
- Select the menu icon that is present at the top left corner of the application.
- Now select File and then Logout.
- Now that you have been logged out of Twitch, close the application and fire it up again.
- Here you will see the login screen.
- Enter your username and password to log in.
- Open the twitch Desktop application.
- Towards the right side, click on your profile icon.
- Now select Logout from the drop-down menu.
- Now that you have been logged out of Twitch, close the application and open it up again.
- Enter your username and password in the login screen to log in again on Twitch.
This should now help to fix the twitch mods tab not working issue. If it hasn’t worked don’t worry, we have few more methods to go. So, follow the next step.
Method 2: Run Twitch Application as Administrator
Some Software requires Administrator privileges to open and run correctly. And if it is not opened as Administrator, the software may have issues in loading and functioning normally. This also applies to the Twitch application. There are two ways as to how you can run Twitch as an administrator.
Steps to run Twitch as Administrator:
- On your desktop, select the Twitch application and right-click it.
- From the pop-out menu simply select Run As Administrator.
- A dialog box will pop up asking if you want to run the selected program as administrator, click on Yes.
- And the Twitch will open with Admin privilege.
- Go to the folder where you have installed the Twitch desktop application.
- Look for the Twitch.exe right-click on it and select Properties.
- Once the Properties window opens, select the Compatibility tab.
- Here you should see a check box that says Run this program as Administrator
- Select the checkbox, click on the Apply button, and then the OK button.
- And now the Twitch app will open as an administrator every time.
That’s how you make twitch run as an administrator on your Windows 10 PC. This should help to fix twitch app mods tab not loading.
Method 3: Clear Twitch App Data
When some programs do not load or open up correctly because of some new update that may have caused the issue or even files getting corrupted, the best way is to clear the App data. This ensures that any corrupted or unreadable files get erased and new files get created when you restart the application or software. To clear the App data for Twitch, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press the Windows key and the R key simultaneously. This will bring the Run dialog box.
- In the Run box simply type in %Appdata% and hit OK.
- It will open a File window. Look for the Twitch folder in that window.
- Open the Twitch Folder and press Control & A key simultaneously to select all the files.
- Now simply hit the Delete key to delete all of the data.
- Close the window and relaunch Twitch.
This should now help to load your Twitch app mods tab. And it will save fresh data in the App data folder.
Method 4: Install .NET Framework
.NET Framework is a software development framework that helps the software to run and build on Windows Operating Systems. Many software requires that you have the .Net framework installed and all the latest versions of it for better experience and functioning. This could be one of the reasons why your Twitch mods tab not loading. So to fix it, you can install the framework manually.
Download the latest version of .Net Framework from the official Microsoft website. Then run the installer and follow the installation wizard instruction. This should fix the Twitch mods not loading issue.
Method 5: Check Firewall Settings
The Windows Firewall is where things could be causing issues for Twitch Mods to not load correctly. Since only software that’s allowed to access the firewall be granted internet access and protection from network-based threats. Here is how to allow Twitch to access the Firewall.
- Press the Windows Key to bring out the start menu and type in Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel’s search bar on the right, type in Defender Firewall.
- From the search results select the Allow an App Through Windows Firewall.
- When the Window opens, select the Change Settings button towards your right.
- Now scroll down to the Twitch app in the list and select the Private as well as Public network and hit OK.
- You will have to restart your system for the changes to take effect.
Allowing Twitch access through the Windows Firewall should now help to fix the Twitch mods not loading issue.
Method 6: Reinstall Twitch
This one is a no-brainer honestly and it’s what anyone would do if they had problems with the software, they are using and other methods don’t work. It’s quite simple to Uninstall and reinstall Twitch.
- Open the Control Panel and select Uninstall a Program.
- It will now show you a list of programs that have been installed on the system. Browse for Twitch and right-click on it, then select Uninstall. You can also double-click on Twitch to uninstall.
- Now, head here to download the Twitch installer for Windows.
- Once the download is complete, install the software and log in to Twitch.
- The mods should now be visible in the desktop application.
Reinstalling software can always help in resolving issues such as the Twitch mods tab not loading or any other issue. If this doesn’t seem to work as a fix for you, try the next step.
Method 7: Run Twitch in Windows Safe-Mode
Safe mode on Windows is one of the best ways that can help you to identify what is actually causing your software to stop working. The culprit could always be some other program interfering with a twitch or some driver update messing around with the software. Either way, it’s best to boot your PC into safe mode and check these steps. Here is how you boot into safe mode in Windows.
- Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously to bring the Run dialog.
- Type MSConfig to open the System Configuration window.
- Select Safe Boot and the network radio button.
- Click on OK to restart your system into safe mode.
- Check to see if Twitch can load your mods or not.
If you are still facing issues with Twitch app mods not loading, then the only thing for you to do is to format your system, install a fresh copy of Windows 10 and then install Twitch and see if the mods are loading now. The Twitch mods should now load and function like how they normally would.
So that’s all on guide to fix Twitch Mods tab not loading problem on PC. I hope mentioned methods work in your case.