Mi A3 is the latest smartphone in the A series by Xiaomi. The A-series is popular for its Camera and Stock Android which makes the device smoother. The custom development for the Mi A3 has started and the unofficial TWRP is available. Here you can download TWRP Recovery for Mi A3 with step by step installation guide.
If you don’t know about TWRP then it is custom recovery project which is started by TeamWin and the project has many active developers. You can also modify any TWRP file to port it for any device, it all depends on your development knowledge. Mi A3 comes with its own Stock Recovery just like any other phone but those do not offer any good functionality. While in TWRP Recovery you can flash Custom ROMs and various zip files, you can also take a full backup and lot more. If you brick your device by mistake then you don’t need to use your PC to fix it if you have the TWRP installed on your Mi A3. Below you will find the reason to use TWRP Recovery over the Stock Recovery.
Why Do You Need TWRP Recovery
TWRP is used for many purposes like installing zip files such as custom ROMs, Magisk, and other flashable zips. Other than flashing TWRP also has Backup, ADB sideload, partitioning, wipe and more. So if you are planning to try a custom ROM then you should first install the TWRP recovery. I hope this gives you the answer that you were looking for. Now let’s move to the TWRP download section.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Mi A3
Download TWRP Recovery for Mi A3 (TWRP 3.3)
The TWRP 3.3.x is the latest TWRP which is now available for Mi A3 (unofficial). All credit goes to the mauronofrio for sharing the unofficial TWRP recovery. It can take time for developers to release official TWRP recovery because the testing phase could take a long time. But till then you can use the unofficial TWRP for Mi A3. There is no major issue with this TWRP so you can install it without any doubt.
- TWRP 3.3.1 Installer for Mi A3 (twrp-3.3.1-15-laurel_sprout-mauronofrio-installer.zip)
- TWRP 3.3.1 for Mi A3 (twrp-3.3.1-15-laurel_sprout-mauronofrio.img)
After downloading the TWRP Recovery image file you can proceed to the installation instructions. Don’t miss any step or you can brick your phone which is not what you want. Also, make sure to first follow the prerequistes and gather all the requirements.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Mi A3
Xiaomi phone is easier to modify once the bootloader is unlocked. But Mi A series is different than other Xiaomi phone and it follows a different method to install TWRP Recovery. It is because of recovery partition like other Android One phones. There are also two different files one is the installer and the other is the TWRP image file.
- The bootloader must be unlocked (Guide Here)
- Take a full backup of data to ensure no data loss
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
- Magisk Zip and Magisk Manager APK (From Here)
Steps to Install TWRP on Mi A3
- Copy TWRP installer, Magisk Zip, Magisk Manager APK to your Mi A3. And copy the TWRP image (twrp-3.3.1-15-laurel_sprout-mauronofrio.img) to PC at C:\adb.
- Rename the twrp image file to twrp.img (twrp-3.3.1-15-laurel_sprout-mauronofrio.img to twrp.img).
- Boot your phone into Bootloader Mode / Fastboot Mode (guide here).
- Connect your phone to PC while in Fastboot Mode.
- Go to C:\adb and press Shift + Right click together in an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here’.
- Enter the below command to check current active slot
fastboot getvar current-slot
- Now change the active mode, enter one of the below commands (first command in case if the active slot is a and enter the second command if the active slot is b)
- Now enter the below command to temporarily boot into TWRP Recovery
fastboot flash boot twrp.img
- Write the below command in command window. After writing the below command long press Volume Up button and then press enter. Also don’t release the Volume Up until you see the Android One screen.
- The device will now boot into TWRP Recovery, there go to Install and locate the TWRP installer (twrp-3.3.1-15-laurel_sprout-mauronofrio-installer.zip) and flash it.
- Now go to Reboot > Bootloader, change to the active slot (the one which was active at first before step 7) and the Reboot again to TWRP.
- Go to Install, locate the Magisk Zip file and flash it. Now Reboot your Mi A3 to the System.
- Install Magisk Manager APK and manage the root access. Also, TWRP Recovery is permanently installed on your Mi A3.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on Mi A3 with Download link. After installing TWRP you can easily modify your device like switching between different ROMs. You can also flash Custom Kernels to increase the ROM performance.
If you get any error during installation or link is expired then write in the comment section and we will reply with the solution.
- How to Root Mi A3 with Magisk [Root Guide]
- 10 Best MIUI Themes That Look Amazing
- 20 Best Substratum Themes of All Time for Android (Free & Paid)