Samsung announced the all-new One UI in the developer conference. The official release is set with the launch of Samsung Galaxy S10, but till then you can test One UI on your S9 & S9 Plus as a beta tester. So, Here’s the Guide on How to Download & Install Samsung One UI on S9 & S9+.
Samsung One UI – Details
Samsung tries to enhance the user experience with the new One UI, and the main focus is, using the phone with a single hand. Every app and the useful elements come slightly down. And the interactive view with elements is now easy to use. It is must needed feature, as the size of phones is increasing day by day. It is complicated to use it with a single hand, in situations like travelling we can’t be able to use the phone by both hands.
The new One UI comes with the new icons, which are easy to understand for anyone. Samsung’s new UI is pretty smart, and it changes the theme color to the device color. You can also use night mode or dark mode to even the system apps, which helps you to save battery. As, One UI focused on enhancing the user experience & battery backup, the wallpapers are pretty simplistic texture and pleasant. It is based on Android 9.0 Pie.
One UI Beta access is available to the users in India, USA, UK, China, France, Germany, Poland, Spain, & South Korea. You can manually Install One UI Beta on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ via OTA package. Here We’ll show Beta 1, Beta 2 & 3. So, Let’s dive into the process.
How to Sign Up for One UI Beta Program?
Samsung makes the process very simple, you can easily opt for the beta program. After signing to One UI beta testing program you can install the update on your phone. Here are the steps:
- At first, You need to Install Samsung Members App on your Galaxy S9/S9+, from Galaxy Apps store or Play Store.
- Open the app, Now login with your Samsung ID.
- Now, head over to the Notices section.
- Under the Notices section, tap on One UI Beta Program Registration.
- After successfully signing up to the beta program, you’ll receive the One UI update on your device.
- Go to Settings > Software Update, download the update.
- Make sure to charge your phone more than 50%, it will take some time to download and install the update.
- Backup your data, you may lose in case of failures.
- You can install this update without worrying about the KNOX counter.
- Note: One UI Beta update is available to both Exynos & Snapdragon variants.
- For Exynos (G960F/G965F): the build number is BRJ6 > ZRKA.
- For Unlocked Snapdragon (G960U1/G965U1): the build number is ARJ2 > ZRK9.
You can download the BRJ6 & ARJ2 firmware if your device isn’t updated to the version. The file is available on SamMobile.
Download One UI for Samsung S9/S9+
Galaxy S9 (Exynos)
Galaxy S9 (Snapdragon)
Galaxy S9+ (Exynos)
Galaxy S9+ (Snapdragon)
How to Install One UI on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
- At first, you need to Download the OTA update accordingly for your phone from the given links.
- Now, Connect your phone to PC.
- Copy the OTA package in your phone’s internal storage.
- Now, Power off your smartphone.
- Boot into the bootloader mode, by pressing and holding Volume Up, Bixby, and Power button simultaneously.
- Under Recovery Mode, select “Apply Update from SD Card“.
- Select the One UI OTA update package.
- Tap on the Yes option for the confirmation.
- That’s it, after the installation process finishes.
- Select “Reboot System Now” option
After booting the phone, your Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+ is running on One UI which is based on Android Pie 9.0.
The method of installing the new One UI is pretty easy, but you need to take of some things like build number of your current phone.
See Also | How to Root Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9+
If you’ve faced any issues during the installation, make sure to drop a comment in comment box. Also, if there are some technical issues, then you can follow the XDA forum. Share this article with your friends, across social media.