Samsung has released the One UI based Android Pie 9.0 update for the flagship phones like Galaxy S8 and Note 8. And this the company starts rolling out the update for the LTE variant of Galaxy Tab S4. Yes, If you’re using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4, now you can update it to the Android Pie 9.0. The update will improve the overall performance on your device & the latest security patch. Here is the step by step guide on how you can download and install Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Android Pie Update.
After rolling out the update for J6, J8, and for other non-flagship phones, It is available for the Galaxy Tab S4. Right now the update is rolling out in France, and soon it will be available in other regions with the latest April 2019 security patch. And with this update, you will get access to the features like Digital Wellbeing, Adaptive brightness, Adaptive battery, Dark Mode, and a lot more to enhance the overall experience on your tab.
It brings the One UI based Android Pie 9.0 on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. And with this update, your build number will change to T835XXU2BSD1. Make sure, the update is for the LTE variant of Galaxy Tab S4 (SM-T835). As the tab dons a Snapdragon 835 SoC, the update will definitely improve the performance. The firmware is size around 3.7GB (approx.) to download and flash. You can download it from the download section and then follow the instructions to update your phone.
Download Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Android Pie (One UI) Firmware
If you haven’t the received the OTA update notification on your Galaxy Tab S4, then you can manually update it by flashing the firmware. This is not an OTA update, the OTA will take time to reach your phone. The update is available in the France regions and the firmware with XEF product code is available to download. So, manually flash your Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 to Android Pie 9.0 of the build number T835XXU2BSD1. Here you can download the firmware.
- Download Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Android Pie Update (Firmware)
- Make sure to charge your phone’s battery to at least 50%
- Backup your data, in case of failures, so you can recover it
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC
- Download Odin Flash Tool [Latest]
How to Install Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Android Pie Stable Update
- Extract the downloaded Odin Flash Tool Zip/RAR file.
- Download and extract the Android Pie Firmware on your PC.
- Open OdinTool.exe from the extracted Odin Flash Tool folder.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 completely.
- Press & hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button together until any change appears in the screen.
- A warning screen will appear with few options.
- Press Volume up button to enter Download Mode/Odin Mode.
- Now connect the phone to PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, it will show blue sign in ID:COM if your phone is connected. If not showing then reinstall USB drivers.
- In Odin, switch to the Options tab and untick “Auto Reboot”.
- Check the extracted firmware folder, there you will find AP, BL, CP, CSC & Home_CSC files. In Odin click on AP and locate AP file and similarly for BL and CP.
- Click on CSC and locate CSC file if you want to delete all data of your phone. Otherwise, locate Home_CSC file if you want to wipe all the data. Selecting CSC file over Home_CSC is recommended because it will reduce the chances of bugs. But if you are already in Russia region then you can select Home_CSC file.
- After selecting all the four files, click on Start.
- It will take time to flash. You can check the progress in the Odin tool.
- After flashing it will give a success message. Now you can disconnect your device and reboot into the system.
- Done! you have successfully installed Android Pie on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S4.
Once done, you can start using your tab on the updated OS. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Samsung Galaxy S10 5G Wallpapers
If you’re facing any issues, you can drop the comment in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: