Samsung released another Android Pie update for the another J-series smartphone. This time the update arrives on the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2, which is also known as the Galaxy On7 Refresh or Galaxy J7 Prime (2018). The update brings a lot of new features along with the latest April 2019 security patch. Here is the step by step guide on how you can download and install Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2 Android Pie update.
After releasing the update for Galaxy On7 Prime, the company has started rolling out the Android Pie 9.0 update for the Galaxy J7 Prime 2. Currently, the update is available for the India and UAE users. So if you are from the region mentioned here, then you should try to check for the update manually. Or you can download the firmware from below section for your device. The update will also improve the overall performance of your smartphone.
The update brings the One UI based Android Pie 9.0 with some new features. You can also access the features like Digital Wellbeing, adaptive battery, adaptive brightness, and other features help you to enhance the user. After the update, your build number will change to G611FFDDU1CSD8. The firmware is size around 1GB approx. This is an OTA update which will arrive on your phone anytime soon. If you’re in hurry to taste the Android Pie 9.0, you can download the firmware from the below section for your Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2.
Download Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2 Android Pie (Firmware)
The OTA (Over-The-Air) updates don’t have any confirmations, that when it will arrive on the phone. It might take some time to reach every single device. So, If you want to update your phone to the latest software and doesn’t receive any notification to update the device. You can manually update it from the below download button and manually update your phone to the Android Pie 9.0 of build number G611FFDDU1CSD8.
- Download Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2 Android Pie Update (Firmware)
- Make sure to charge your phone’s battery to at least 50%
- Backup your data, in case of failures, so you can recover it
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC
- Download Odin Flash Tool [Latest]
How to Install Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime Android Pie Stable Update
- Extract the downloaded Odin Flash Tool Zip/RAR file.
- Download and extract the Android Pie Firmware on your PC.
- Open OdinTool.exe from the extracted Odin Flash Tool folder.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2 completely.
- Press & hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button together until any change appears in the screen.
- A warning screen will appear with few options.
- Press Volume up button to enter Download Mode/Odin Mode.
- Now connect the phone to PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, it will show blue sign in ID:COM if your phone is connected. If not showing then reinstall USB drivers.
- In Odin, switch to the Options tab and untick “Auto Reboot”.
- Check the extracted firmware folder, there you will find AP, BL, CP, CSC & Home_CSC files. In Odin click on AP and locate AP file and similarly for BL and CP.
- Click on CSC and locate CSC file if you want to delete all data of your phone. Otherwise, locate Home_CSC file if you want to wipe all the data. Selecting CSC file over Home_CSC is recommended because it will reduce the chances of bugs. But if you are already in Russia region then you can select Home_CSC file.
- After selecting all the four files, click on Start.
- It will take time to flash. You can check the progress in the Odin tool.
- After flashing it will give a success message. Now you can disconnect your device and reboot into the system.
- Done! you have successfully installed Android Pie on your Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2.
Once all done, you can free to use your phone running on the Android Pie 9.0 update.
You May Also Like – Download Best Samsung Themes for Galaxy Phones
If you’re facing any errors while updating the phone, let us know in the comment section below. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download Odin Flash Tool [Latest]
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10e
- Download Samsung Galaxy S10 Wallpapers