Samsung is working to release the Android Pie 9.0 update for the old J-series smartphones. And this time for the Galaxy J6, yes the One UI based Android Pie 9.0 update is now available for the Samsung Galaxy J6 via OTA. The update brings the whole new UI, not only this, it will enhance the overall performance on your phone, all this with the latest security patch. Here is the step by step guide on how you can download and install Samsung Galaxy J6 Android Pie update.
After releasing the update for the flagship phones, the company is now rolling the update on the older non-flagship J-series phones. And after rolling out the update for J8, Samsung starts rolling out the One UI update for J6. The J6 update is rolling out in Italy and will available for other regions as well. And the features like Digital Wellbeing, adaptive battery, and other features help you to enhance the user experience.
The update brings all the Android Pie 9.0 features to your device. It comes with the March 2019 security patch, while the J8 comes with the latest April 2019 patch. And One UI comes with new unique Icons, wallpapers, and much more. After the update, your build number will change to J600FNXXU3BSD1. The firmware is size around 2.5GB approx. you can download it from the download section and then follow the instructions to update your phone.
Download Samsung Galaxy J6 Android Pie (One UI) Firmware
The update is currently available in the Italy region so, if you haven’t received the update on your device. Then, you can manually flash your Samsung Galaxy J6 by the Android Pie 9.0 firmware of build number J600FNXXU3BSD1. If you don’t want to update your device manually, then you can wait for the official notification. The OTA will take time to reach your device. So, you can download the firmware from the below download link.
- Download Samsung Galaxy J6 Android Pie Update (Firmware)
- Make sure to charge your phone’s battery to at least 50%
- Backup your data, in case of failures, so you can recover it
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC
- Download Odin Flash Tool [Latest]
How to Install Samsung Galaxy J6 Android Pie Stable Update
- Extract the downloaded Odin Flash Tool Zip/RAR file.
- Download and extract the Android Pie Firmware on your PC.
- Open OdinTool.exe from the extracted Odin Flash Tool folder.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy J6 completely.
- Press & hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button together until any change appears in the screen.
- A warning screen will appear with few options.
- Press Volume up button to enter Download Mode/Odin Mode.
- Now connect the phone to PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, it will show blue sign in ID:COM if your phone is connected. If not showing then reinstall USB drivers.
- In Odin, switch to the Options tab and untick “Auto Reboot”.
- Check the extracted firmware folder, there you will find AP, BL, CP, CSC & Home_CSC files. In Odin click on AP and locate AP file and similarly for BL and CP.
- Click on CSC and locate CSC file if you want to delete all data of your phone. Otherwise, locate Home_CSC file if you want to wipe all the data. Selecting CSC file over Home_CSC is recommended because it will reduce the chances of bugs. But if you are already in Russia region then you can select Home_CSC file.
- After selecting all the four files, click on Start.
- It will take time to flash. You can check the progress in the Odin tool.
- After flashing it will give a success message. Now you can disconnect your device and reboot into the system.
- Done! you have successfully installed Android Pie on your Samsung Galaxy J6.
That’s it. Now you can start using your phone on the latest One UI based update on your Galaxy J6.
You May Also Like – Download Best Samsung Themes for Galaxy Phones
If you’re facing any errors while updating the phone, let us know in the comment section below. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: