The Pixel Experience is a custom ROM based on Stock Android or we can say its the same UI as Pixel Phones. It is my favorite custom ROM because it comes with clean UI and it enhances the performance of any phone. And if you have unlocked bootloader of your Realme 5 Pro and want to try different custom ROMs then this guide is for you. Here you get to download Pixel Experience ROM for Realme 5 Pro along with a guide to install it on your device without root.
The ROM is based on latest Android 10 and Android 11 based will also be available in a few months. It brings all the Android 10 and Pixel 4 features like Pikachu live wallpapers, new Navigation gestures, System-wide dark mode, Digital Wellbeing and more. Along with the performance it also provides better battery backup. It is an open source project and anyone can modify and use it as they want.
All thanks to Orgasmtrron and BabluS who are maintaining the Pixel Experience ROM for Realme 5 Pro. It is an official Pixel Experience ROM and so it is stable. But if there is any bug that you find then you can mention it in the XDA forum so that developers can fix the issue on the next updates.
Pixel Experience for Realme 5 Pro
The Pixel Experience ROM is based on stock Android 10 with the February security patch. If we talk about the details of the latest Pixel Experience build which is 27 Feb 2020. Then it comes in 1.43GB size. Below we have added the changelog as per the latest build.
Changelog as per 27/02/2020 Build:
- Initial official release
- Updated CNE, DPM blobs to Q
- Updated Graphics, thermal, time_services blobs to Q
- Updated Media, GPS blobs to Q
- Added support for F2FS
- Removed unsupported NFC feature
- Merged 4.9.214 in kernel
- Fixed lag/bootloop after using for some days
- Misc performance improvements
The ROM comes with pre loaded Google Apps and thus it doesn’t require to flash GApps after flashing the ROM on your device. So you only need the Pixel Experience ROM that you download from the below section.
Download Pixel Experience for Realme 5 Pro
This is the first official build and it is available on Pixel Experience official website. The ROM will get the update regularly so make sure to download the latest build from the link given below. If you want to experience the stock Android 10 on your Realme 5 Pro then download the Pixel Experience ROM. It is a zip file that you have to flash after download it for your device. Use the below official link to get Pixel Experience for your device.
I can say for sure that the experience will be better than the ColorOS or Realme UI. Because it comes with clean UI without any Ads and it helps to enhance the performance of the device. It also supports Google Camera so you can also expect better camera performance. We have also included the guide to flash Pixel Experience on Realme 5 Pro, so if you are unaware of the installation method follow the below guide. But before that go through the requirement list.
- Download the Pixel Experience ROM for Realme 5 Pro from above link
- Take a backup of important data as clean flash is required
- Make sure Bootloader is unlocked & TWRP Recovery is installed (Guide)
- SD Card required
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on PC
Must Check | Download Google Camera 6.2 for Realme 5 & 5 Pro
How to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Realme 5 Pro
I assume that you have the backup and once you have all the required files and drivers, you can flash the ROM on your device. Follow the detailed instruction below carefully.
- First download the Pixel Experience ROM and copy it to your MicroSD Card. Also, Download vbmeta.img on your computer (C:\adb).
- Now turn off your phone.
- Long press Volume Down + Power button together and release both buttons when you see the TWRP logo.
- Now your device will boot into TWRP Recovery.
- Insert microSD card to your phone, skip if already done.
- In TWRP Recovery go to Install and locate the Pixel Experience ROM and flash it.
- After flashing the ROM go to Wipe > Format data. Type ‘Yes’ and tap enter to format data.
- After formatting data go to Reboot > Bootloader. And connect your phone to PC.
- On your computer go to C:\adb. Change the location to CMD and enter to open the command window by following the below screenshots.
- Now in the command window enter the below command to flash vbmeta image file
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- Now reboot your system by entering the below command
- After reboot, set up your device and enjoy Pixel Experience ROM on your phone.
That’s it now you get to experience stock Android 10 on your device and you will notice the changes right away beginning from UI. In case if you want to try other custom ROMs then you can follow the same process.
So there you have it the complete guide on Pixel Experience ROM for Realme 5 Pro including Download & Install Guide. If you have any questions on your mind regarding custom ROMs then let us know in the comment section below.