Note: Updates are being added at the end of this article. Last updated on August 2.
Stable Android 12 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro is finally available to the public. A few days back, we shared the availability of stable Android 12 to open beta testers and mentioned that it will be available to everyone in a few days. OnePlus shared the same on its official forum. And as said the same Android 12 stable build is available to everyone. Here you get to download Android 12 for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro.
OnePlus had been testing Android 12 based OxygenOS 12 for the OnePlus 8 series since earlier this year. Since then we got to see some OxygenOS 12 closed beta and open beta updates. Those who have opted for beta are already aware of the new features. But as we know that only a small percentage of users opt for beta, the stable Android 12 wider rollout will let OnePlus 8 Pro users experience all the features of OxygenOS 12.
The Android 12 for OnePlus 8 comes with build numbers IN2011_11.C.11 (IN) and IN2015_11.C.11 (NA).
The Android 12 for OnePlus 8 Pro comes with build numbers IN2021_11.C.11 (IN) and IN2025_11.C.11 (NA).
As you can see the build numbers are the same as for the stable Android 12 update for open beta testers. So if you have already updated to the stable Android 12 update from Open Beta via OTA update, there is no need to specifically update to this version.
Talking about new features, the OxygenOS 12 based Android 12 for the OnePlus 8 Pro and the OnePlus 8 gets many improvements and new features. Below you can check the full changelog.
Android 12 for OnePlus 8 (Pro) – Changelog
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
If you are a OnePlus 8 series or OnePlus 8T user and using the stable Android 11 build, then you can check for the update from Settings > System > System Update. In the OnePlus 8 Pro, the update weighs 4050MB. It’s a major update so we recommend using WiFi for updating your phone.
We also believe that stable Android 12 for OnePlus 8T and OnePlus 9R are available to the public. If you have a OnePlus 8T or OnePlus 9R, then you can also check for the update.
August 3 – T-Mobile OnePlus 8 & 8T receive new update
If you own the T-Mobile variant of the OnePlus 8 or 8T, then you can finally upgrade to the much-awaited Android 12 version. You can do it easily by heading over to the System Updates in the Settings. At the moment, it is available for select users, it will be available to everyone soon.
The update goes live on the OnePlus 8 with the IN2017_11_C.41 version number, whereas, the 8T picks up the new software with the KB2007_11_C.41 build number.
Download Android 12 for OnePlus 8 Pro & OnePlus 8
As of now, we don’t have the links to OTA or full Recovery files, but you can get both files using this method. This method is for users who are not seeing the update in Settings.
- Install Oxygen Updater app from PlayStore on your OnePlus 8/8 Pro.
- Open the app, and go to Settings (gear icon on right).
- Under Device select your Model and in Update method select Stable Incremental or select Stable Full as per your preference.
- Now switch to the Update page (icon on the left) and you will see the latest Android 12 update.
- Download the OTA or Full file on your Phone (Keep the file outside of all folders).
- After downloading the file go to Settings > System > System Updates > Gear icon on top right corner.
- Choose Local upgrade and select the download file and just wait for the update process.
- Reboot and enjoy Android 12 on your OnePlus 8/8 Pro.
Once the links to Android 12 for OnePlus 8/8 Pro are available, we will share them here. And then you can skip the third party method.
Before updating your phone, always make sure to take a full backup and charge the phone to at least 50%.